accessing recovery mode/receiving OTA's with the 3.1 beta

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

ScienceProjectX
Android 1.0

Re: accessing recovery mode/receiving OTA's with the 3.1 bet

Post by ScienceProjectX »

jeffrapp wrote:
ScienceProjectX wrote:Same problem here, but this is the third time for me (lots of power outages) the good news is i have fixed it 2 out of the 3 so far, by doing random combinations of reset alt +L and am now trying to document the actions I am taking this time to maybe help others and myself for another future power outage. I would encourage others to do the same and maybe we can have a documented fix for this. ill update if I stumble across the magic sequence again
Could you possible elaborate on this?
I spent about 5 minutes after the first Power outage trying to get recovery by pressing the pairing button on the back and pressing alt + L.

second outage it took me about 20 min and finally got it to recovery .

third time no luck yet... but I will try again today.

The only other info that might be of use is I had a SanDisk Cruzer micro 2GB plugged into the USB port closest to the Ethernet.
PuppyHacker wrote:
ScienceProjectX wrote:Same problem here, but this is the third time for me (lots of power outages) the good news is i have fixed it 2 out of the 3 so far, by doing random combinations of reset alt +L and am now trying to document the actions I am taking this time to maybe help others and myself for another future power outage. I would encourage others to do the same and maybe we can have a documented fix for this. ill update if I stumble across the magic sequence again
Any luck coming across that magic sequence??
Going to try again today after I get all of my homework out of the way, I wont give up easily on this but I have a heavy class load this semester so it might rob me of some time.
macky032992
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by macky032992 »

Also stuck after power loss. Tried many combinations of boot and Alt-L. No luck yet.
Reading through the forum it seems to be a problem with a few users after the upgrade.
ender_x
Android 1.0

Post by ender_x »

I'd like to start collecting facts from those of you stuck in this mode,

Pre non-boot mode:
Were you using wireless for your network connection?
Did you have adb enabled?

Post non-boot mode:
(if wireless earlier)Have you moved to a hardwired network connection?
(if adb previously enabled)Does adb still work?
(if adb previously enabled)What does your logcat say when attempting to boot normally?
Does a USB keyboard using Alt-L work for you to enter recovery?
cswords
Android 1.0

Post by cswords »

ender_x wrote:I'd like to start collecting facts from those of you stuck in this mode,
Pre non-boot mode:
Were you using wireless for your network connection?
Yes
Did you have adb enabled?
No

Post non-boot mode:
(if wireless earlier)Have you moved to a hardwired network connection?
No
Does a USB keyboard using Alt-L work for you to enter recovery?
No
mkiker2089
Android 1.0

Post by mkiker2089 »

I know that during the setup my box got stuck on the network screen. I was using wireless and it couldn't move forward from "scanning". I plugged it into the ethernet and it still wouldn't move forward. I hit crt-alt-del and it rebooted back to the same screen but moved forward after detecting a wired connection. That's why I wonder if the wireless has a bug in it that keeps it from booting properly. It doesn't make any logical sense really but it is a starting point. I'm not afraid the powers going to go out or something

Has anyone pulled the plug on their unit and not had this problem? If so were they wireless?
jeffrapp
Android 1.0

Post by jeffrapp »

ender_x wrote:I'd like to start collecting facts from those of you stuck in this mode

Pre non-boot mode:
Were you using wireless for your network connection? Yes
Did you have adb enabled? No

Post non-boot mode:
(if wireless earlier)Have you moved to a hardwired network connection? No
(if adb previously enabled)Does adb still work? n/a
(if adb previously enabled)What does your logcat say when attempting to boot normally? n/a
Does a USB keyboard using Alt-L work for you to enter recovery? No
macky032992
Android 1.0

Post by macky032992 »

Ditto for me.

Pre non-boot mode:
Were you using wireless for your network connection? Yes, was changing a network setting when power failed.
Did you have adb enabled? No

Post non-boot mode:
(if wireless earlier)Have you moved to a hardwired network connection? No
(if adb previously enabled)Does adb still work? n/a
(if adb previously enabled)What does your logcat say when attempting to boot normally? n/a
Does a USB keyboard using Alt-L work for you to enter recovery? No, should any lights go on on the USB keyboard as mine is dead
jeffrapp
Android 1.0

Post by jeffrapp »

macky032992 wrote:should any lights go on on the USB keyboard as mine is dead
Same here. No response/lights from a USB keyboard.
macky032992
Android 1.0

Post by macky032992 »

Dont know if this info will help.

I inserted an old usb flash drive (258MB) into the slot next to the Lan . When booting with the 1 second pause and pushing the button , the drive light starts to flash as though it is being read. If I let go the button at this point the logo comes up and the drive light continues to flash though more slowly. It looks as though the system is looking for something on the drive. Still stuck on the Logitech logo though.
If I keep the reset button held in then the system does the second boot and the drive light goes off.

I tried with using my original drive I had used for the upgrade (8GB toshiba) and did the same sequence. Light flashed initialy but then stops. Still stuck on the logo though.

Maybe looking for an image on the drive.
catchnsk
Android 1.0

Post by catchnsk »

I had the same problem, when the Screen log is on ( stuck) I did the following.
Let me know if this helps you guys.

1/ The Screen is stuck with Logitech review TV log.
2/ I disconnected the HDMI input cable and connected it back
3/ I disconnected the HDMI output cable and connected it back. It will rebooted automatically twice.
4/ During second time reboot. I pressed the ALT+L button in the keyboard, it went to recovery menu,

Let me know if this helps out