Streaming from PC: Best Software/Formats to Rip???

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Re: Streaming from PC: Best Software/Formats to Rip???

Post by parrotheadmjb »

Has anyone tried using VLC on their Revue; it seems like this *should* hopefully work somewhat... http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/android-x86/

Granted I haven't tried it on my Revue yet; I will in the next couple days when I have time... but I've been using the VLC nightly armv7 builds on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (it's not available in the Play Store in the United States); it works EXCELLENT for every movie/video I've tried. I just realized today that they've recently (probably in the past 3 months) started compiling an x86 android build on their server as well... if nobody else tries in in the next few days, I'll post an update in here of my results with it. Thankfully they compile it for us, I compiled VLC for android one time... took hours upon hours on my old old laptop once I worked the kinks many, many, many kinks in the scripts.

edit: sorry I just realized this prob a little off topic since this isn't streaming, but I hate to start a new thread