Newbie here... anything I need to know or do?

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

smashed
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Newbie here... anything I need to know or do?

Post by smashed »

Hey All,

I'm on quite the streaming TV trip. I bought a WD TV live hub thing and "cut the cable". Oh, wait, it doesn't have Amazon Prime... :P I have been saving up rewards points and used them to get a Sony Blu-Ray player with internet streaming tv. That gets Amazon Prime but it's using their own Bravia IP TV...

I'm a real big android fan and I don't want to be left without the chance of having a G-TV, so now I just ordered a Revue refurbished from Amazon for $79. Best Buy website said 1 local store had one but they didn't.

Is there anything I do or don't need or want to do to it? I'd like the chance to root or sideload... I just want whatever gets me the most options and I don't care about versions.

Thanks!
Chris
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Newbie here... anything I need to know or do?

Post by killer4110 »

smashed wrote:Hey All,

I'm on quite the streaming TV trip. I bought a WD TV live hub thing and "cut the cable". Oh, wait, it doesn't have Amazon Prime... :P I have been saving up rewards points and used them to get a Sony Blu-Ray player with internet streaming tv. That gets Amazon Prime but it's using their own Bravia IP TV...

I'm a real big android fan and I don't want to be left without the chance of having a G-TV, so now I just ordered a Revue refurbished from Amazon for $79. Best Buy website said 1 local store had one but they didn't.

Is there anything I do or don't need or want to do to it? I'd like the chance to root or sideload... I just want whatever gets me the most options and I don't care about versions.

Thanks!
Chris
Welcome Chris,

You don't need root to side load apps, it is fairly easy.

Once you set-up the Revue for it might automatically download the update, if it doesn't have it already.

Take your time and read through the forums, you will find alot of useful info.

:D
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse