icestrem default player?

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

onsmike
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

icestrem default player?

Post by onsmike »

hi all,

I'm a new Revue owner. Through tips from this forum I managed to sideload a few applications to my Revue (running HC). Two of such applications are Icestream and PPTV. PPTV is an asian P2P video streaming app.

When I stream a video in IceStream, it asks for a video player to play the stream. The ONLY choice I have is PPTV, which doesn't seem to work properly within IceStream. There was no other choice presented.

I have aVia installed as well. Logitech Media Player is obviously installed in the system. Is there a way to configure IceStream to use either of these two players? Or is there is another player that works with IceStream?

Speaking of which, I was surprised that the default Logitech Media Player does not support DTS audio. Is there another player that would play video with DTS audio?

any help is very much appreciated,
Last edited by onsmike on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
maw230
Android 1.0

Re: icestrem default player?

Post by maw230 »

I was wondering this exact same question last night, so I asked google. Google said:

"Note: Please also install MoboPlayer, MX Video Player, or VPlayer to take full advantage of Ice Stream."

http://prolearners.blogspot.com/2011/12 ... k-app.html

I found an MX Player .apk online, but when I installed it it said it was not compatible with the device. I went to bed after that. Let me know if you have any luck!
onsmike
Android 1.0

Post by onsmike »

I downloaded GTVBox Video Player that's also available on dropbox. While now I can choose it as the streamming player within icefilm, it just sits there (circulating ring) after it waited for 45 seconds on megauploads.

any other suggestions?
maw230
Android 1.0

Post by maw230 »

onsmike wrote:I downloaded GTVBox Video Player that's also available on dropbox. While now I can choose it as the streamming player within icefilm, it just sits there (circulating ring) after it waited for 45 seconds on megauploads.

any other suggestions?
Well last night I tried GTVBox (same results as you), Mobo Player, VPlayer, and MX Player, and none of them worked. In fact IceStream would only recognize MX Player and GTVBox as options IIRC.

There has to be a way to get this working! Unless the Revue is somehow not compatible with any video formats used by megaupload.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

Ice Stream requires a player which supports progressive download while playback. Google TV just do not support it natively. I am looking for a way to support this in GTVBox.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
vsarda
Android 1.0

Post by vsarda »

the gtv player is working with new icestreams 1.3.3. only problem is waiting time is almost 3 mins most of the times. if you know way to reduce time even paid way, please let me know. I will happy to spend few bucks. till then, I will be holding my donations to icestreams, I definitely want to donate to this great app, it makes my Google TV perfect.