hdmi to rca converter old tv

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

kamil
Android 1.0

hdmi to rca converter old tv

Post by kamil »

Hi
i just ordered a revue i have an old tv i'll buy an HDMI to RCA converter to connect the revue to the tv will it work? Please replay
Pinesal
Android 1.0

Re: hdmi to rca converter old tv

Post by Pinesal »

Not a good idea at all. You need a box that wil downcovert the signal. The box will likelt cost more than the revue.

If you did manage to get one, web browesing would be near impossible because the picture will be blurry.
resno
The Green One
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by resno »

Plus the man issue is, the digital vs analog signals. So, the tv wont understand the digital hdmi cable vs the analog rgb cable.
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
Chinpokomon
Android 1.0

Post by Chinpokomon »

You can have one at half the cost of a Revue:
http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek%C2%AE-Comp ... B004FM3EF2

This isn't an endorsement of this device, only that it can be done and for significantly less than the last time I looked at buying a device to do this sort of conversion.
sohomita
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by sohomita »

Whats the difference between an xbox hdmi cable and a normal hdmi cable? I'm buying an HDMI cable for my xbox 360 and xbox hdmi cables are $35.88 but normal ones are about $2.99, i was wondering if the xbox needs the official xbox hdmi cable or can i buy a normal one?
Last edited by sohomita on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
tcrews
Android 1.0

Post by tcrews »

sohomita wrote:Whats the difference between an xbox hdmi cable and a normal hdmi cable? I'm buying an HDMI cable for my xbox 360 and xbox hdmi cables are $35.88 but normal ones are about $2.99, i was wondering if the xbox needs the official xbox hdmi cable or can i buy a normal one?
Zero difference....use any HDMI cable on your 360.
resno
The Green One

Post by resno »

I bought a $1 and it functions 100% the same as those over priced cables. If the device uses hdmi, buy the cheapest cable you can. eBay is always a good place to start.
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
johnnyn
Android 1.0

Post by johnnyn »

Chinpokomon wrote:You can have one at half the cost of a Revue:
http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek%C2%AE-Comp ... B004FM3EF2

This isn't an endorsement of this device, only that it can be done and for significantly less than the last time I looked at buying a device to do this sort of
Will this work with my DVD player/AV receiver which has no hdmi? My receiver has surround sound speakers and I want to use the speakers for the revue/cable. My receiver looks like this http://is02.thegumtree.com/image/extrabig/89708818.jpg
Karazor
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by Karazor »

An HDMI to RCA Converter will solve your problem. Cables might be a head ache in correct transmission. HDMI to RCA Converters are about $40-50 these days. Try to have one. The important issue is which kind of RCA connector your television has? Component RCA or Composite RCA? Composite RCA connectors have yellow colour and mostly two more inputs consist of red-white colours that accept L/R stereo sound. That needs HDMI to Composite RCA Converter. Component RCA Connectors have Red Green Blue Colours. You can use HDMI to Component/RCA Converter to convert HDMI to that type of analog signals.