CBS.com & modified flash (content block bypass)

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

swapped
Android 1.0

CBS.com & modified flash (content block bypass)

Post by swapped »

Hey guys!

I'm running a rooted 2.1 build that used to work great for the content bypass stuff. I went to CBS.com about a week ago after not going there for quite some time and it seems that once a video starts loading it detects that its a revue or some other device (or maybe its just not it in allowed list?). Anyway i get the message saying vid can't be played on this device....

Any chance someone with some knowledge of this stuff here can take a look at this? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks
havikx
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: CBS.com & modified flash (content block bypass)

Post by havikx »

swapped wrote:Hey guys!

I'm running a rooted 2.1 build that used to work great for the content bypass stuff. I went to CBS.com about a week ago after not going there for quite some time and it seems that once a video starts loading it detects that its a revue or some other device (or maybe its just not it in allowed list?). Anyway i get the message saying vid can't be played on this device....

Any chance someone with some knowledge of this stuff here can take a look at this? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks
the devs know about it. they are working on a fix i believe. thats what i hear.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

havikx wrote:
swapped wrote:Hey guys!

Thanks
the devs know about it. they are working on a fix i believe. thats what i hear.
Here is another b54202 manual-update with a modified flash plugin that works with CBS and Hulu.
http://bit.ly/b54202-flashmod2

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
AZImmortal
Android 1.0

Post by AZImmortal »

If I'm already on rooted b54202, what's the procedure for updating to the new one?
Zpped
Android 1.0

Post by Zpped »

AZImmortal, hook up your USB->TTL device, put the revue into the recovery menu, mount the new 54202 on a flash drive and run manual-update.sh just like you did before...
AZImmortal
Android 1.0

Post by AZImmortal »

I suspected that was the answer, but I was hoping that there would be another way. I had the hardest time soldering to the ground pin when I rooted my Revue.
AZImmortal
Android 1.0

Post by AZImmortal »

It seems that Hulu is blocking content again even with this new update. CBS seems to be working though.
sanjayc
Android 1.0

Post by sanjayc »

hi, cant get to the file at http://bit.ly/b54202-flashmod2 .... anywhere else i can get it?
AZImmortal
Android 1.0

Post by AZImmortal »

AZImmortal wrote:It seems that Hulu is blocking content again even with this new update. CBS seems to be working though.
Is there still work being done to get around the latest content blocks?
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

I'll put together another updater file for you guys that will do the same thing that we do for the sony's, which will create a random flash string per install. I'll post here when its done and where you can download it.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx