Have OTA 3.1 update installed - How to side load?

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Taige
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Have OTA 3.1 update installed - How to side load?

Post by Taige »

I got the OTA update this morning and looked around the Android market a little, but I've read about side loading apps that aren't in the market. In one post, people mentioned emailing themselves the app, in another post it mentioned downloading via Dropbox.

So far, in the app market, I've not been able to find an email app or a dropbox app. Are you guys accessing this via webmail and Dropbox's web interface?

I logged into the Dropbox account via Chrome and selected a few links, and it says "Download Started" or something similar, but I don't know how to access those downloads to run them... ??

Have I overlooked a good tutorial on how to do this?

Thanks for any help
havikx
1.6 Donut

Re: Have OTA 3.1 update installed - How to side load?

Post by havikx »

Taige wrote:I got the OTA update this morning and looked around the Android market a little, but I've read about side loading apps that aren't in the market. In one post, people mentioned emailing themselves the app, in another post it mentioned downloading via Dropbox.

So far, in the app market, I've not been able to find an email app or a dropbox app. Are you guys accessing this via webmail and Dropbox's web interface?

I logged into the Dropbox account via Chrome and selected a few links, and it says "Download Started" or something similar, but I don't know how to access those downloads to run them... ??

Have I overlooked a good tutorial on how to do this?

Thanks for any help
ok..so.. if you were able to d/l them, they'd be in your downloads folder. use a file manager to find and install them. or alternatively, you could d/l to your computer, put the app file on a flash drive, plug the flash drive into revue and use file manager to find and install.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

well, it may be in your notifications.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
Taige
Android 1.0

Post by Taige »

Ah - Notifications - that's it.. I'm installing now.
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake

Post by Jarhead »

Install a file manager and set up a shared folder on your network that you can access with the file manager, Estrongs would be my suggestion, or enable the built in ftp server and you can access the revue from your network.