3.1 UPDATE ROLLING OUT NOW!!!!!

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

WiKDMoNKY
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

3.1 UPDATE ROLLING OUT NOW!!!!!

Post by WiKDMoNKY »

killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: 3.1 UPDATE ROLLING OUT NOW!!!!!

Post by killer4110 »

Listen, i hope it is all true, but take a look at the screen shot Engadget is posting, i have been trying for 15 minutes now to get the build number out of the screen on my Revue, and what happened to the System updates button up top, did that just go away??

Again, i hope i am wrong on this, but it doesn't look right...................
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
hmanxx
Android 1.0

Post by hmanxx »

no one get the offline package yet ?
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

every1 is saying its a fake...so i don't have much hope...

but... one of the guys in the comments of the link says he was on logitech chat and logitech told him wait for announcement at 1am. i find this suspicious...so i am cautiously optimistic. i'll be here at 1am. EST?
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
joedeveloper
1.5 Cupcake

Post by joedeveloper »

Here is something that is interesting. I can't authenticate my Revue box anymore against google servers. Not sure if that was an issue before with the UserDebug version of HC 3.1 for Revue. Won't log in via google account. Also Netflix stopped working.

Again not sure if this is related at all.
Ravulet
Android 1.0

Post by Ravulet »

It's probably a fake. Engadget has seen this in a Logitech forum, and some guys of that forum ask to the guy who posts the picture for an other picture with the build number and he hasn't said anything. This is my Revue, in the build number you can see that it's a beta-user debug version.

http://goo.gl/FHku1
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

http://blog.logitech.com/2011/12/07/log ... ech-revue/

Says it should be this week from what I read.
mrandroid
Android 1.0

Post by mrandroid »

It's definitely real. The updates are rolling out as I type. Now all we need is for someone to nab the update file and upload it and us on the modified 3.1 debug build can be on the official version.

http://goo.gl/5swvP
powlette
Android 1.0

Post by powlette »

joedeveloper wrote:Here is something that is interesting. I can't authenticate my Revue box anymore against google servers. Not sure if that was an issue before with the UserDebug version of HC 3.1 for Revue. Won't log in via google account. Also Netflix stopped working.

I've got the same problem, I just updated to the User Debug build so I could get the official OTA update and upon reboot, I'm stuck at the authentication step with error "The server is unavailable. Authentication failure" and I can't get passed this step.

Even more frustrating is that when it originally starts up I get an alert saying "Updates are available" which I assume is the final release. Is there a fix for this?
mrandroid
Android 1.0

Post by mrandroid »

powlette wrote:
joedeveloper wrote:Here is something that is interesting. I can't authenticate my Revue box anymore against google servers. Not sure if that was an issue before with the UserDebug version of HC 3.1 for Revue. Won't log in via google account. Also Netflix stopped working.

I've got the same problem, I just updated to the User Debug build so I could get the official OTA update and upon reboot, I'm stuck at the authentication step with error "The server is unavailable. Authentication failure" and I can't get passed this step.

Even more frustrating is that when it originally starts up I get an alert saying "Updates are available" which I assume is the final release. Is there a fix for this?
The "updates are available" message you are getting isn't about the OS update, it's about updated versions of apps in the market. When the OS gets an update, it just installs it during a period of inactivity. There's no notification.