Are new ($99) revues still rootable

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

gentijo
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Are new ($99) revues still rootable

Post by gentijo »

Are the newer devices still rootable or have they replaced the base firmware and disabled the serial port ?
AZImmortal
Android 1.0

Re: Are new ($99) revues still rootable

Post by AZImmortal »

I bought one in mid-September and it was still rootable. It seems like they're not going to bother disabling it in more recent devices, or maybe they still have yet to sell through their original production run.
Chinpokomon
Android 1.0

Post by Chinpokomon »

I tried to root my refurbished Revue and was unsuccessful. It was my first effort, so it's possible I did something wrong, or as part of the refurb process they remove the ability to root them. As far as I know, production run devices are still rootable.
resno
The Green One

Post by resno »

Chinpokomon wrote:I tried to root my refurbished Revue and was unsuccessful. It was my first effort, so it's possible I did something wrong, or as part of the refurb process they remove the ability to root them. As far as I know, production run devices are still rootable.
Was the device truely never used? Once it downloads it first set of instructions it isnt rootable anymore.
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::