Modified TV & Movies

Talk about apps goes here.
ginginlala
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Modified TV & Movies

Post by ginginlala »

I have no idea if this is even possible.

The great new benefit of the root, at least for me, is finally having access to Hulu/H+/ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox/everything-ever. Lovely!

The only thing I can think of that would make it even shinier, at least for a streaming junkie like myself, is somehow modifying (or replacing with an upgraded version?) the TV & Movies app to include the new sources.

In other words, I basically want to be able to go into the global Search, type in a show, and have it searching all of the streaming sources now available to me (rather than just, you know, Netflix, Amazon, and Crackle).

If this were to happen, and if Plex were to get their act in gear and have PMS results included in GTV search, my GTV box would pretty quickly go from being a somewhat unfortunate curiosity that happens to play Blu-ray to the JESUS BOX.
lschroeder
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Re: Modified TV & Movies

Post by lschroeder »

ginginlala wrote:I have no idea if this is even possible.

The great new benefit of the root, at least for me, is finally having access to Hulu/H+/ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox/everything-ever. Lovely!

The only thing I can think of that would make it even shinier, at least for a streaming junkie like myself, is somehow modifying (or replacing with an upgraded version?) the TV & Movies app to include the new sources.

In other words, I basically want to be able to go into the global Search, type in a show, and have it searching all of the streaming sources now available to me (rather than just, you know, Netflix, Amazon, and Crackle).

If this were to happen, and if Plex were to get their act in gear and have PMS results included in GTV search, my GTV box would pretty quickly go from being a somewhat unfortunate curiosity that happens to play Blu-ray to the JESUS BOX.
I would like to see qam support for zip code as well as HBO GO and Plex. When I rooted my Sony GTV I pretended it was hooked to my cable box by component video. I got the HGO GO but no live tv. When I switched so that the tuner for cable qam worked I lost all my live shows and HBO GO. I then pretended that it was digital OTA and got the ones back that matched qam but no HBO GO.

I do have a Revue hooked to my other TV and cable box so I can find the shows there. It would be nice to let a Modified TV & Movies do the work for me.