Changing sound tracks using GTVBox 0.51 on NSZ-GT1

Talk about apps goes here.
nas_tominko
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Changing sound tracks using GTVBox 0.51 on NSZ-GT1

Post by nas_tominko »

I absolutely love this application, but when I use it to play MKV (matroska) with multiple audio tracks in it, when I change sound track by pressing ALT it stops playing sound completely. Even when I change it bakc to first track, no more sound. When I hit play on the MKV file it will play the first (Default I assume) sound track without any issues. Changing to sound 2 or 3 completely stops audio. Only stoping and chosing the file again will restart sound but again only Track 1. I even checked that the sounds tracks are not in DTS.

By the way the same exact behaviour occurs when I rip DVD content to SAN and then launch the appopriate IFO or VOB from VIDEO_TS. Only first track plays with no problem. Swtiching to another using ALT will stop audio completley. Video continue to play fine.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I also noticed in the comments about the app that DTS sound is not supported, but it is my understanding that Sony NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player) supports DTS when playing form DVD or BR natively. Why is GTVBox not able to utilize this ability?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Changing sound tracks using GTVBox 0.51 on NSZ-GT1

Post by mcd2000 »

That's strange. It should be able to switch tracks pretty well on Sony Blu-ray. It even should pass-through DTS to your receiver.
If you send me a log as described here http://player.gtvbox.net/sendlog I'll try to check what is happening.
I don't have a Sony Bluray yet, but as I remember it has different pass-throung settings for Dolby/DTS. Could it cause your issues?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...