Page 1 of 8

Able Remote for Google TV

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:28 pm
by entertailion
I've created an app that allows you to use your Android device as a remote control for Google TV. It is called "Able Remote" and has several features in addition to the ones provided by the Google TV Remote app:
  • Touch navigation and touch play controls
  • Beam the photos and videos on your Android device to Google TV
  • Share web pages with the TV
  • Launch popular apps
  • View SMS and Caller ID notifications on your TV
  • Voice commands to change channels, launch apps and do searches
  • Single button power on/off all devices
There are two versions of the app; you need to install both to get all of the features.
Install this version of the app on your Android device from the Android Market (named "Able Remote"): https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... oid.remote
Install this version of the app on your Google TV (named "Able Remote for Google TV"): https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... d.tvremote

The web site for the app is http://ableremote.com

Please provide any feedback and suggestions.

Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:47 pm
by entertailion
Great review from Gnarl’d about Able Remote: "It offers greatly improved functionality over Google TV Remote and is so intuitive that I rarely have to glance down at my phone when using Able Remote…rating 4 out of 5"

http://gnarld.com/product-review/able-r ... pp-review/

Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:49 am
by Liam.f
Must say I'm quite impressed by the video I saw on your site, looks quite polished and generally a great addition to GTV navigation.
I'll have to borrow my mates phone to test it out for myself as I have an iPhone instead on an android, is there likely any future possibilities of an iOS version of your app?
I'll update my post once I get a chance to try it out :)

Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:36 am
by entertailion
Liam.f wrote:Must say I'm quite impressed by the video I saw on your site, looks quite polished and generally a great addition to GTV navigation.
I'll have to borrow my mates phone to test it out for myself as I have an iPhone instead on an android, is there likely any future possibilities of an iOS version of your app?
I'll update my post once I get a chance to try it out :)
If there is enough interest in the app, then other platforms could certainly be supported in the future.

Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:01 am
by Discovered
+1 for IOS support.

Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:26 am
by entertailion
We are currently testing a major new feature that will allow users to change any of the device or app buttons in Able Remote.

If you want to change the layout of the buttons on each screen or if you want direct access to your favorite app, then the new edit feature will be for you. We hope to release this soon as a paid feature using in-app billing. All of the existing features of Able Remote will remain free.

Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:24 pm
by mikespe
when will the phone app be available in the Market? I see the app for the Revue itself But I can't find the phone part? Thanks! This app looks GREAT from the video on the market!!!

Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:28 pm
by entertailion
mikespe wrote:when will the phone app be available in the Market? I see the app for the Revue itself But I can't find the phone part? Thanks! This app looks GREAT from the video on the market!!!
The Android Market is currently experiencing issues with in-app purchases: https://support.google.com/androidmarke ... _issues.cs
Version 2.0 of Able Remote was released this morning and it relies on an in-app purchase to enable the new edit feature. I decided to pull the app out of the Market temporarily until Google has fixed the issue.

Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:30 pm
by mikespe
Thanks for the quick reply...so the phone part of the app is a paid app? Anyway I can get the free version so I can check it out until google fixes the issue? Out of curiosity what is the apps cost?

Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:34 pm
by entertailion
mikespe wrote:Thanks for the quick reply...so the phone part of the app is a paid app? Anyway I can get the free version so I can check it out until google fixes the issue? Out of curiosity what is the apps cost?
The mobile app is also free, but the new feature to allow you to edit the buttons is paid using in-app billing ($0.99).
Hopefully, Google will fix the billing issue soon and then I will immediately publish the app in the market again.