Able Remote for Google TV

Talk about apps goes here.
entertailion
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Able Remote for Google TV

Post by entertailion »

Able Remote 2.2.3 for Google TV has been released in the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oid.remote

The ultimate Google TV remote. Turn your Android device into a Google TV remote. A Google TV featured app!

Able Remote 2.2.3 includes:
- Bug fix for some of the edit buttons.
- Forward notifications when Able Remote isn't the foreground app.
- Switch button to quickly switch between Google TV's.

This release includes a fix for a bug that was introduced in 2.2.2 which affects some of the buttons in the Edit Feature.

From this release you can forward notifications to Google TV even when Able Remote isn't the foreground app. Enable this using 'Menu/Settings/Always Forward Notifications' . You can also specify which Google TV devices should receive the notifications.

This release also has a new button that allows you to quickly switch between Google TV devices that have previously been found on your network.

Learn more about Able Remote: http://ableremote.com/
chevyvolt
Android 1.0

Post by chevyvolt »

Thanks for the frequent updates! The option to always send notifications sounds nice!

One question: Is it possible to make vol up/down buttons for controlling the AV receiver instead of TV only? This might be a problem if it is only supported by Logitech Revue.
entertailion
1.5 Cupcake

Post by entertailion »

chevyvolt wrote: One question: Is it possible to make vol up/down buttons for controlling the AV receiver instead of TV only? This might be a problem if it is only supported by Logitech Revue.
The audio output is configured and controlled by the Google TV device. Able Remote can only send commands to increase or decrease the volume, the Google TV device decides how to control the attached devices with that command. You can configure the Logitech device to control the AV receiver, that is how my setup is working. Run the wizard under Settings/TV & AV Receiver.
entertailion
1.5 Cupcake

Post by entertailion »

Able Remote 2.2.4 for Google TV has been released in the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oid.remote

The ultimate Google TV remote. Turn your Android device into a Google TV remote. A Google TV featured app!

Able Remote 2.2.4 includes:
- Share and switch button layout.
- Backup and restore all settings.
- Prefer HD setting.
- Fix for channel listings.

Now you can share your button layout with family and friends. Once you have configured your button layout, use 'Menu/Share Button Layout' to share the layout. You can share the layout by email or use Google Drive or Dropbox. If somebody shares the layout with you, open the layout file on your mobile device to import the button layout. After the layout has been imported, use 'Menu/Switch Button Layout' in Able Remote to select the imported layout.

Able Remote now allows you to backup all your settings and button layout to an SD card using 'Menu/Backup'. If you need to do a factory reset on your phone or move to a new phone, you can now restore all the settings from the SD card using 'Menu/Restore'.

There is a new setting that allows you to prefer HD channels. When you select a TV channel from the channel listing, Able Remote will automatically attempt to find the HD version of that channel.

This release also includes a workaround for a channel listing issue which prevented some users from getting the list of channels. Dish customers will not get channel listings due to a Google TV limitation.

chevyvolt
Android 1.0

Post by chevyvolt »

entertailion
1.5 Cupcake

Post by entertailion »

chevyvolt wrote:Congrats Able Remote!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/14/goog ... n-content/
Thanks for the link.
entertailion
1.5 Cupcake

Post by entertailion »

Able Remote 2.2.5 for Google TV has been released in the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oid.remote

Able Remote 2.2.5 includes:
- Fix for sharing button layout with Hotmail.
- Improved storage for backup files.
- Fix for crash on startup on some mobile devices.
- Fix for crash on some GTV devices.
- More favorite channel logos.

This is mainly a bug fix release.

chevyvolt
Android 1.0

Post by chevyvolt »

Able Remote is working on 4.1 (jelly Bean) Galaxy Nexus!. Tested it yesterday :)
webdude12
Android 1.0

Post by webdude12 »

Maybe I am missing something here. But the only reason I am interested in this app is the popup notifications of SMS and caller ID. However I can not get this to work at all on Logitech Revue and Evo 4G.

I do not have live TV and only used Chrome to watch internet TV, But even with Chrome shut down, I still do not get any popups as I send myself test text messages. I am using the stock HTC Sense messaging App and the phone is receiving them. I have tried with the app in the foreground, the option to always send turned on, etc. And I still do not get anything

Guess I will just uninstall for now.
entertailion
1.5 Cupcake

Post by entertailion »

webdude12 wrote:Maybe I am missing something here. But the only reason I am interested in this app is the popup notifications of SMS and caller ID. However I can not get this to work at all on Logitech Revue and Evo 4G.

I do not have live TV and only used Chrome to watch internet TV, But even with Chrome shut down, I still do not get any popups as I send myself test text messages. I am using the stock HTC Sense messaging App and the phone is receiving them. I have tried with the app in the foreground, the option to always send turned on, etc. And I still do not get anything

Guess I will just uninstall for now.
The notifications only work with the stock Android SMS messaging app.