Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
hmanxx
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by hmanxx »

Thanks alot...I did experiment and manage to display subtitle..looking forward to your new release..
kalyan_iitd
Android 1.0

Post by kalyan_iitd »

looks ur app is simple, clean and flawless. is there any way i can play/pause/stop video?

Initially i used to see movies on logitech media player, but that will start indexing all my 1 TB hardisk files automatically. there is no way to stop indexing. so after sometime, memory exploits and Revue restarts automatically.

then I am looking for different players on revue without indexing. if you get atleast play/pause on this app, i think i can stay on this app for movies.

thanks for researching.

thanks
Kalyan
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

kalyan_iitd wrote:looks ur app is simple, clean and flawless. is there any way i can play/pause/stop video?
Hhhmm. Media keys on Revue keyboard (Play/Pause/Forward/Rewind) should work as expected. Didn't they for you? :?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Player updated!
In SMB share edit dialog, you can specify username, password and domain.
You can select any encoding for external subtitles using Menu->App. settings.
When SRT subs are detected for a video file, pop-up message is displayed during playback start.

Player hotkeys:
A (ALT) - change audio track
S - on/off srt subtitles display
O - change Revue optical output mode AC3(DolbyDigital)/PCM
P - set Revue video output mode to 50Hz (PAL)
N - set Revue video output mode to 60HZ (NTSC)

Note! These were tested and worked on first Honeycomb leak.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
hmanxx
Android 1.0

Post by hmanxx »

thanks alot man..I find those DLNA server is very lacking, I am preparing to turn off Twonky Server on my NAS and use your program to access direct with SAMBA..I can have different subtitle, toggling of Audio track...

With your program, the Google TV on role as media player become so flexible.

Next mission..learn the PnP discovery mechanism so that user can auto detect the samba server....this greatly help those have no idea on their SAMBA server IP Address...
hmanxx
Android 1.0

Post by hmanxx »

Hi,
Some bugs found..I have tried both the Windows 7 and NAS Dlink DNS320.. When accessing SAMBA with password and user name keying into the dedicated fields (passowrd & user).both SAMBA access has problem of not able to access sub-folders, 1st level access is working fine(Displaying all available shared folders however clicking on them will not display anything)

When using the previous method of userid:password@Address.. is working correctly

Both NAS and Windows are not using Domain but workgroup..
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

hmanxx wrote:Hi,
Some bugs found..I have tried both the Windows 7 and NAS Dlink DNS320.. When accessing SAMBA with password and user name keying into the dedicated fields (passowrd & user).both SAMBA access has problem of not able to access sub-folders, 1st level access is working fine(Displaying all available shared folders however clicking on them will not display anything)
Thanks for testing. That's stupid bug. Should be fixed in the next build.
hmanxx wrote: Next mission..learn the PnP discovery mechanism so that user can auto detect the samba server....this greatly help those have no idea on their SAMBA server IP Address...
I've just checked: this is possible. Working on it.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

APK updated.
SMB authenrication should be fixed... but I'm not sure. :D
SMB workgroup and server discovery feature added.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
veeeee
Android 1.0

Post by veeeee »

Wow! Awesome app, exactly what I want. I am able to access my password protected SMB share (added it by host name). I had to manually add it though since the discovery did not work. Just tried playing a avi file with external .srt subtitle. Subtitles did not show up until I went into the application preferences and chose UTF8 for character set (should probably have it set to something by default). Great work mcd2000!
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Does someone here have Sony device with official update? I wonder how the player works on these units...
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page