Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by mcd2000 »

zymurgist wrote: Can anyone point me to info about icestream in general? I assume it has something to do with shoutcast or icecast?
There is a pirate site with pirate movie links http://www.icefilms.info. Pirate movies are really stored on Megaupload. IceStream app allows Android devices to navigate IceFilms and "stream" (download-while-playback) pirate movies.
Last edited by mcd2000 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
lkreveu
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by lkreveu »

Is the GTVBox Video Player app no longer available for test from the GTVHacker Dropbox?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

lkreveu wrote:Is the GTVBox Video Player app no longer available for test from the GTVHacker Dropbox?
I'll put the latest version after some testing. Previous versions were there... but some people clean Dropbox sometimes. :D
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
barbarian
Android 1.0

Post by barbarian »

Could you please improve playback functionality using external app. I have external usb drive with movies, when I open it from GTV Player it plays excellent. But when I try to open it from external app(ES File Explorer or MovieBrowser) and select to play it with GTV Player, there is infinite circle in GTV Player. However when I open this file with aVia or Stream Player - video playing starts without any problems.

Another issue, I opening video file from SMB or DLNA using ES File Explorer, GTV Player start playing it, but when I try to seek to middle of video file - GTV Player stops playing it. However when I trying to open same file from SMB using GTV Player(internal browser), all are great.
George
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by George »

This last release (I got it yestday jan 18th) Plays High bit rate files a lot better... It just earned a place on my other 2 tv's...

I did have one file with a bad "spot" in it that caused it to freeze, I simply jumped over that spot and it continued on.

Great JOB!!! KEEP up the good work.. If I was you I would be sending a resume into Sony or Google..
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

George wrote:If I was you I would be sending a resume into Sony or Google..
That's my first Android application. I am still noob in this.

Road map for the next version:
- WebDAV shares support
- Enhanced support of MKV ssa subs (like bold and positioning)
- Resume feature for MP4/M4V/MOV/AVI files.

barbarian wrote:Could you please improve playback functionality using external app. I have external usb drive with movies, when I open it from GTV Player it plays excellent. But when I try to open it from external app(ES File Explorer or MovieBrowser) and select to play it with GTV Player, there is infinite circle in GTV Player.
Another issue, I opening video file from SMB or DLNA using ES File Explorer, GTV Player start playing it, but when I try to seek to middle of video file - GTV Player stops playing it. However when I trying to open same file from SMB using GTV Player(internal browser), all are great.
Hm. Strange. I've never had problems opening video from the other apps.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
itsdave
Android 1.0

Post by itsdave »

Hello,

New to the board and just had some questions and testing with this app.

First of all good app, really enjoying it been waiting for the market to come to the logitech revue and then developers to make it better so thank you for giving me a better environment.

I have the app installed, it can see all my movies on my nas and I have used the thumb generators to give them all fancy covers and details and gives it such a better looking environment and all the files play great.

I noticed you have some airplay features and since this is all android I am having issues making it fully android powerful I know there are some limitations and just wondering if there are future updates to fix these or other android apps I might have missed to make it work the way I wish, I wish I can send videos, pictures and music from my tablet or phone and control it with the tablet or phone as well, like starting and controlling music on my tablet or phone on the google tv with seeing on the information on the tablet or phone still, kinda like mirroring.

I have android phone, android tablet and ipad2 I have used for testing.

Ipad I can airplay photos to the app very well, I just swipe to the next photo and it appears right away very clean and nice, Youtube and Videos on the ipad work very well too. unable to airplay music

On the Android Tablet I can use the gallery app, select the share icon select a third party app called airsync and it will ask to send it to the gtvbox and I can show a picture on the tv, I do have to do this manually with each photo and it won't let me do videos in my gallery, I cant get music or videos to work with the airplay service and the native youtube app doesn't give me an option to airplay.

I have another app on the tablet, Imediashare that seems more powerful I have options to airplay out music, pictures, videos and youtube and other online channels, issue is when I send it to the GTV from the tablet it just says waiting for GTV and nothing happens, the odd time I will get a picture or song to play but If it does I lose control can't do anything with the song and the pictures won't let me change.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks
plutino
Android 1.0

Post by plutino »

Do you consider supporting multiple external subtitles? e.g., rendering all srt files in the same directory as subtitles.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

itsdave wrote:Hello,

I have another app on the tablet, Imediashare that seems more powerful I have options to airplay out music, pictures, videos and youtube and other online channels, issue is when I send it to the GTV from the tablet it just says waiting for GTV and nothing happens, the odd time I will get a picture or song to play but If it does I lose con
I would like to test the app with IMediaShare. I just don't have an Android Phone/Tablet. :)
Do you consider supporting multiple external subtitles? e.g., rendering all srt files in the same directory as subtitles.
Why do you need several subtitle streams simultaneously?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
George
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by George »

Road map for the next version:
- WebDAV shares support
- Enhanced support of MKV ssa subs (like bold and positioning)
- Resume feature for MP4/M4V/MOV/AVI files.

I love the idea of the Resume feature!!

Also if this is your first App I can't wait to see more apps from you. I'm a programmer by heart from days gone by.. Really rusty to be honest, and boring stuff.