Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by mcd2000 »

gottahavit wrote:What container were you using for your mpeg-2. I've tried VOB,TS, and mkv none of which work. With MKV I was able get it to play the audio, but no video.

Thanks
I tried VOBs ripped from a DVD and Transport Streams recorded from IPTV service (MPEG2). Both played well.
Could you share some part of your video for investigation? :-)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
gottahavit
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by gottahavit »

mcd2000 wrote:
gottahavit wrote:What container were you using for your mpeg-2. I've tried VOB,TS, and mkv none of which work. With MKV I was able get it to play the audio, but no video.

Thanks
I tried VOBs ripped from a DVD and Transport Streams recorded from IPTV service (MPEG2). Both played well.
Could you share some part of your video for investigation? :-)
I'll try to load one on a usb drive. Everything I tried was through SMB.

UPDATE:
No go on the USB either, copied a couple VOBs to a USb, the player sees the files, but when I play them it just shows the status bar with no audio or video. If I convert to mkv it sees the audio, but not the video.

I've tried several different series, file, all mpeg-2 ac3 2 channel.

BTW I'm on the second leak.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

gottahavit wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:
gottahavit wrote: I
BTW I'm on the second leak.
This makes scence. I'm on the first beta leak. Maybe something has changed in the decoding engine of Revue. They could simply drop mpeg2 support. That would be very sad.

GTVBoxPlayer.apk updated!
- When exit, it now remembers active partition tab.
- When long clicked on a file, you can choose to play next files continuously.
- Experimental SRT subtitles support - activates automatically if .srt file with the same name exists in the directory.

SMB authentication needs some investigation. It should work with share address like smb://domain;username:password@address, but it doesn't for me. If someone succeeded, please, let me know.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Bad news. Looks like userdebug firmware supports less number of video containers than the first leak. I hope it's just a bug and will be fixed...
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
dixonrohan
Android 1.0

Post by dixonrohan »

mcd2000 my smb share now works. I have no password but the username is required. (i dont know why) .With windows its the same ; a username is required even thought i did setup the linux/Buffalo box with no password on the smb share. With your new update I now specify my username no password. smb://19x.16x.1.11;username@domain and BAM!! smb now works.

Thanks man!
hmanxx
Android 1.0

Post by hmanxx »

Hi,
I manage to login into SMB with password per your SMB login format, however the accessing speed is very slow..it seems to go through authentication on every folder that i am trying to go to..

The buffering for Video section part needs a bit longer time out..it is always prompting wait/kill the app..message..yes ignored the message and wait for a while..the video will play..

good job..

in between i am using the 1st honey comb leak
sparkly81
Android 1.0

Post by sparkly81 »

Hi, mcd2000, SMB works with this address smb://username:password@address, I don't have domain, the subtitles WORKS!!! they are streamed from my NAS they are in .srt the only problem is with the text encoding, I'm Latin and don't display accents and ñ, can you fix that? thanks for your work!!!

PS.: Sorry for my English. :lol:
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

dixonrohan, hmanxx, sparkly81, thanx for SMB testing. I would like to make separate User/Password fields in share editor.
sparkly81 wrote:they are streamed from my NAS they are in .srt the only problem is with the text encoding, I'm Latin and don't display accents and ñ, can you fix that? thanks for your work!!!
SRT is now suported in UTF-8 encoding. You can transcode your file to UTF-8 with almost any text editor. Anyway, I will make a setting for default subtitle encoding.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
hmanxx
Android 1.0

Post by hmanxx »

After I follow smb://username:password@address format..the SMB access through my NAS becomes fast and normal file manager navigation.

By the way, how to enable subtitle with .srt file..i have a few videos come with .srt file, My video and .srt file are both putting on the same directory ...somehow video play but no subtitle..

Some suggestions
For SMB login ..perhaps you can mask off the passwd/userid from video title display text and gives example on the login format...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

hmanxx wrote: By the way, how to enable subtitle with .srt file..i have a few videos come with .srt file, My video and .srt file are both putting on the same directory ...somehow video play but no subtitle..

Some suggestions
For SMB login ..perhaps you can mask off the passwd/userid from video title display text and gives example on the login format...
Ensure, that subtitle file has the same name as video and lower case "srt" extension. Like, MyMovie.mkv and MyMovie.srt. In the next version (in couple of days), player will display message on playback start, when subtitles are detected.
Yep, I will make separate login/password fields and they'll not be displayed in file explorer.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page