Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Post by mcd2000 »

Avaliable from Google Play Store.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SUPPORT THREAD of GTVBox Video Player / ViMu Player.
Please ask your questions here and do not create new threads.

Remember, that if you post a review on Google Play with some question, I am not able to respond. It is just impossible to do!

Key features:
- Navigation and playback from internal storage and USB drives.
- Navigation and playback from Windows shares (SMB).
- Navigation and playback from WebDAV servers.
- Navigation and playback from NFS servers (Experimental!).
- Navigation and playback from UPnP/DLNA servers.
- Playback of video files in all formats supported by your Google TV device from local drives or remote shares.
- Switching audio tracks in multilingual files.
- Support for external SRT subtitles in any encoding (you need to have an srt (lower case extension) file in the same directory as your movie file like movie.mkv and movie.srt).
- Support for embedded MKV text subtitles (Experimental SRT/SSA. Enable "MKV extended support" feature). [fish-sticks] styles are partially supported.
- Support for external audio track in M4A and MKA formats.
- M3U playlists support.
- Streaming of video and images from iPhone/iPodTouch/iPad (including YouTube) over Airplay. First Airplay app for Google TV platform! (Experimental. Music streaming and DRM are not supported yet).
- Streaming of video and music from Android phone with DoubleTwist+Airsync app.
- Streaming (progressive download) from HTTP/HTTPS sources. IceStream/IceFilms is partially supported.
- Movie covers and movie sheets are supported now! Use Movienizer or ThumbGen to generate images for your Google TV.

DOCUMENTATION:
http://player.gtvbox.net/help

SUPPORTED MEDIA FORMATS
http://player.gtvbox.net/audio-video-formats

For the updated feature list and list of supported media formats visit GTVBox Video Player site.
Last edited by mcd2000 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 20 times in total.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
killer4110
Contributor

Re: Simple video player with audio switching

Post by killer4110 »

I downloaded it, thanks for the app, the only problem i have is there is no way to back out of it, it is always there.
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

killer4110 wrote:I downloaded it, thanks for the app, the only problem i have is there is no way to back out of it, it is always there.
Hm. This is the way Android works. You don't need to "exit" apps. You just go "Home" and start another one. :)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
indyjones
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by indyjones »

mcd2000 wrote:I am developing a simple video player for my Logitech Revue, cauze I don't like default Logitech Media Player (and especially DLNA protocol). :-)

Today, It can only browse local, external and smb filesystems and play video files (natively supported by Revue). It supports audio track switching (press ALT).

The following formats and containers were tested: AVI, MKV, TS, VOB, M2TS, MP4, M4V, 3GP, MOV; H.264, DivX, MPEG2; PCM, AC3(5.1) (DTS seems not supported), AAC(5.1), MP3.

You can download and test GTVBoxPlayer.apk from GTVHacker Dropbox account.
Good!
Does it supports ".SRT" subtitles or subtitles in general?

I'm wondering if rooting or not, if I don't find a way to subtitle movies, I won't void warranty and risk...
Thankyou!!!
hitokiri
Android 1.0

Post by hitokiri »

mcd2000 wrote:I am developing a simple video player for my Logitech Revue, cauze I don't like default Logitech Media Player (and especially DLNA protocol). :-)

Today, It can only browse local, external and smb filesystems and play video files (natively supported by Revue). It supports audio track switching (press ALT).

The following formats and containers were tested: AVI, MKV, TS, VOB, M2TS, MP4, M4V, 3GP, MOV; H.264, DivX, MPEG2; PCM, AC3(5.1) (DTS seems not supported), AAC(5.1), MP3.

You can download and test GTVBoxPlayer.apk from GTVHacker Dropbox account.

ah, so thats what that player is! lol Not many seem to work for the revue. If i can make a suggestion, please try to copy moboplayer as much as possible in terms of functionality. That thing plays soft and hard coded subtitles! It's great and im bummed it doesnt work on the review because the revue is intel based.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Until NDK be avaliable for GTV Android, we can play only what Revue decoding engine actually supports. I think it is, however, possible to add external subtitle support.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
fvargasfank
Android 1.0

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by fvargasfank »

Nice app but i cant logging to password protected SMB
dixonrohan
Android 1.0

Post by dixonrohan »

I like your player! good work thus far. One slight change however - could you add a password dialog to the smb share mapping?.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Next version will support SMB auth, continues folder playback and experimental external subrip (srt) subtitles.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

What container were you using for your mpeg-2. I've tried VOB,TS, and mkv none of which work. With MKV I was able get it to play the audio, but no video.

Thanks