Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Post by mcd2000 »

Mr. Protocol wrote:Any issues noted with ViMu under the new Google OS issued for the NSZ-GS7?
No difference.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Alb-Spirit wrote: Any chance when we choose the first time Seekable file or HLS or Live stream to not get it all time time (ex my playlist is with 50 live streams, all the time i need to choose seekable file or HLS for the 50 links.
Try hls hack.
Use hls:// instead of http:// in your links. Even if your streams are not HLS, this should work.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
phm_gtv
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Getting artifacts with some HD content

Post by phm_gtv »

I really like the app, but I'm getting some artifacts in the top left of the screen on a few files. These files play perfectly on other DLNA players.

I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Re: Getting artifacts with some HD content

Post by mcd2000 »

phm_gtv wrote:I really like the app, but I'm getting some artifacts in the top left of the screen on a few files. These files play perfectly on other DLNA players.

I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks
What artifacts exactly? What are the file formats?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
phm_gtv
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by phm_gtv »

I'm having no luck posting URLs here so far.

This thread explains all:

http://tinyurl.com/btank7j

Thanks
tamanaco
Android 1.0

Post by tamanaco »

A few months back I asked if it'd be possible to add htm files or url links with pointer to imdb or other similar sites so that one could get detailed information about the movies. As the size of my movie library increases remembering what the movies are about is a pita. The covers help, but it's not enough. Is this feature or something similar being considered? Another request is for a way to change the color of the font from the player interface while the movie is playing... without having to go to the settings page. At minimum two choices that one can change dynamically. One choice for the Default color (white or whatever) and another choice for a Custom color (a color of one's choosing). I sometimes find myself watching black and white movies or movies where yellow is dominant in the background and the subs fonts get lost. Being able to switch the font color either by a keyboard shortcut or by clicking on an icon on the player UI would be nice.
tamanaco
Android 1.0

Post by tamanaco »

It's been a while... The app is still very stable, but should we expect any improvements or new features in the near future?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

tamanaco wrote:It's been a while... The app is still very stable, but should we expect any improvements or new features in the near future?
Mostly after JB update. When they'll add NDK, i could possibly make an universal demuxer for all possible formats. :-) that's the main idea of the future of the app. ;)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
tamanaco
Android 1.0

Post by tamanaco »

With the new version 1.10 the cover art associated with the media files (filename.mp4->filename.jpg) are no longer displayed. The cover art associated with each folder (cover.jpg) still works.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

tamanaco wrote:With the new version 1.10 the cover art associated with the media files (filename.mp4->filename.jpg) are no longer displayed. The cover art associated with each folder (cover.jpg) still works.
Was so busy fixing JB compatibility that missed that stupid bug.
Will fix in a couple of days.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page