Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
sweup
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by sweup »

I have moved from the Revue to a Minix Neo X5 - an Android 4.1 device.
Do you have any plans to release a GTV version for other then Google TV?
I really miss this app, no other compares.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Can't watch this file on Co-Star, why?

Post by mcd2000 »

gcleaves wrote: Nope, not crazy, this file won't play on my Costar device.
Hmm.. I've just thought that I was using the latest dev build of the player. Maybe it affects somehow....
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

sweup wrote:I have moved from the Revue to a Minix Neo X5 - an Android 4.1 device.
I think you can try XBMC on it.

These devices are very hard to develop - they all are different. :-)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
sweup
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by sweup »

mcd2000 wrote:
sweup wrote:I have moved from the Revue to a Minix Neo X5 - an Android 4.1 device.
I think you can try XBMC on it.

These devices are very hard to develop - they all are different. :-)
Yeah, I can imagine - have tried about 6-7, including XBMC, all have problems, subtitles, lagg or HW.
Thanks
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Introducing ViMu Player for Google TV!
ViMu is a new name of version 1.0 of GTVBox Video Player.

- New app name and icon.
That was a suggestion from Google guys. Now it is much easy to use voice search to start the app.

- Google TV OS v.3 support.
GTV v.3 is coming. It has slightly different media api, that required some new code.

- New simple network discovery and share add screen.
I've already posted some screenshots. Now there is one screen for all share types.

- Edit or delete bookmarks by longclicking on them.
You should not use options menu anymore to delete a shortcut. Just long click on it for popup menu.

- Old interface removed. 2 column mode moved to the new interface.

- Local storage bookmark removed. You can enable it in settings.
Google said no one needs it. :-) - Long name scrolling in grid view.

- Higher resolution covers support in grid view.
There was a limit for a cover to be displayed in grid view and some bugs which made thumbnails look awful.

- Image view over UPnP/DLNA.
You can now view pictures over DLNA. Still experimental.

- Unified cover format for Local/SMB. No need to select template.
You can use any template (Thumbgen/Movienizer) without selecting it.

- Streaming from PlayOn over HLS with seek support.
Now PlayOn should stream flawlessly.

- Tips and Tricks popups.

- Possible media playback error reason is displayed on playback fail.
If playback fails ViMu will show you some additional info why playback failed.

- Experimental UPnP/DLNA indexing and search (works with Twonky, XBMC, Logitech Media Server).
ViMu can index DLNA servers that support SEARCH request and use Google TV search bar.

- Less memory usage.
- Lots of small improvements.
- Tested by Google.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
proximous
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Post by proximous »

It seems the behavior of the chapter advance button ( >>| ) has changed?

For me it never seemed to move to the chapter markers in my MKV files, but it did jump ahead 5 minutes which was a reasonable compromise. I was hoping that it would someday actually support MKV chapters. However it now seems to skip to the next file in the directory.

Is there a way to get back to the old functionality? I really don't like this. If I mistakenly hit the button, I'd rather be 5 min ahead instead of starting the next file.

Otherwise I still love this app...my most used on my GTV. I'd love for this to work on my tablet, even if it was only a front-end and had to launch another player like MX Player. It would be nice to be fully integrated like on the GTV, but if hardware variation is a challenge, I'd at least like the front-end with is great for browsing the video directories I've setup with Thumbgen for GTVBox. Some people are doing this with XBMC (having XBMC call MX player for rendering video), however XBMC is still really alpha for Android.

Thanks.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

proximous wrote: Is there a way to get back to the old functionality? I really don't like this. If I mistakenly hit the button, I'd rather be 5 min ahead instead of starting the next file.
If you need a fast skip option, use 0-9 number keys.... And... try do not hit buttons by mistake lol. :D

GTVBox interface is optimized for D-PAD control. You can not use it on tablet without some global UI modifications.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
proximous
Android 1.0

Post by proximous »

mcd2000 wrote: If you need a fast skip option, use 0-9 number keys.... And... try do not hit buttons by mistake lol. :D
Ahh...so this was an intentional change? Any plans to support MKV chapters and let the >>| advance a chapter?
mcd2000 wrote: GTVBox interface is optimized for D-PAD control. You can not use it on tablet without some global UI modifications.
Ok. That makes sense. Hope you still consider it for the future. I bet you could have it long before XBMC is a viable option. :D
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

proximous wrote:
mcd2000 wrote: If you need a fast skip option, use 0-9 number keys.... And... try do not hit buttons by mistake lol. :D
Ahh...so this was an intentional change? Any plans to support MKV chapters and let the >>| advance a chapter?
Hmm... Just looked at MKV specs. Looks like it is quite easy to implement with "MKV extended" enabled. I wonder do I have any MKV with chapters...
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
proximous
Android 1.0

Post by proximous »

mcd2000 wrote: Hmm... Just looked at MKV specs. Looks like it is quite easy to implement with "MKV extended" enabled. I wonder do I have any MKV with chapters...
Now you are teasing me! :D I've longed for this feature since I first starting using GTVBox.

From my perspective, it would be great to have the|<< and >>| go forward and backwards in chapters.

It would be even better if you could also get a chapter listing (maybe on key press or some click) and jump right to a specific chapter. I always add chapter names to my MKVs when I can find them on TagChimp or the likes, so don't forget to display the chapter titles.

I can provide a chapter file if needed...I think they are just XML.