Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
sweup
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by sweup »

Some suggestions for improvement:

Search
The search is much better then previous versions but it would be even better if;
when you type and search, results gets narrowed down like now, but if you click once you will go to that folder (not two times like now) and..
if you type so only one item match the criteria it will automatically open that folder (go inside folder, and search box goes empty again, back button takes you back as usually.

thx again for gr8 app
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

sweup wrote:Some suggestions for improvement:

Search
The search is much better then previous versions but it would be even better if;
when you type and search, results gets narrowed down like now, but if you click once you will go to that folder (not two times like now) and..
if you type so only one item match the criteria it will automatically open that folder (go inside folder, and search box goes empty again, back button takes you back as usually.

thx again for gr8 app
I agree with the first (double click sucks), but not with the second: you can mistype something and it gets you the wrong way.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
sweup
Android 1.0

Post by sweup »

Thx for reply,
maybe I'm used to my own directory but it feels that mistype shouldn't be a biggie.
If you mistype now you have to press "Del" in order to "go back" and retype your latest character, if you mistype in my suggestion you press the "Back button" - if possible, to up folder and with your next latest typed characters.
Ie two folders "The wire" and "Thumbs", instead of typing "the" you typed "thu" and goes inside "thumbs" directory, you press back button and the search box has filter the result with "th"?

No idea what causing my "j"s to disappear in subs?
coronanlime
Android 1.0

Post by coronanlime »

So whenever I have a file labeled bluray.x264 I could not play it on my review or gs7. I am in the process of converting the audio right now to AC3 from DTS. Do you think this will allow it to play? Other files which I knew were dts would play just didnt have audio. With these files I always get an error message saying gtv unable to play this media.

I believe the codec is V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC.

Any ideas?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

coronanlime wrote:So whenever I have a file labeled bluray.x264 I could not play it on my review or gs7. I am in the process of converting the audio right now to AC3 from DTS. Do you think this will allow it to play? Other files which I knew were dts would play just didnt have audio. With these files I always get an error message saying gtv unable to play this media.

I believe the codec is V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC.

Any ideas?
On the latest firmwares both Revue and GS7 fail to play files with only one DTS track.
I am currently looking for a way to inform users properly when a file fails to play due to DTS failure.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
RubberToe
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by RubberToe »

I just want to say thanks for the awesome app.

I used to be heavily involved in the open source HTPC / set top box / media centre scene for many years and it's quite frustrating to see all the (other) lame streaming media player apps. This space should be so farther ahead than it is now, it's just ridiculous.

Great job and keep it up.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

RubberToe wrote: Great job and keep it up.
Updates are coming soon... with some help from Google. 8-)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
RubberToe
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by RubberToe »

That's good to hear! IMO your app should be the default. I can't imagine Joe Blow off the street picking up one of these devices and trying to watch videos he downloaded to his laptop. Google should back you with code and $$.
Exaper
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by Exaper »

When switching audio track, sound disappears. I have to pause playback and then start it again to have sound playable again. TV is connected to AV receiver via optical cable (hence sound goes to receiver encoded)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Make sure no audio streaming process is running (like Pandora). Best way to ensure this step - just reboot the device via Ctr+Alt+Backspace
2. Start watching movie that has more than 1 audiotrack.
3. Switch audio track.

Sound disappears.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Exaper wrote:When switching audio track, sound disappears. I have to pause playback and then start it again to have sound playable again. TV is connected to AV receiver via optical cable (hence sound goes to receiver encoded)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Make sure no audio streaming process is running (like Pandora). Best way to ensure this step - just reboot the device via Ctr+Alt+Backspace
2. Start watching movie that has more than 1 audiotrack.
3. Switch audio track.

Sound disappears.
This actually happens with SOME, not all files. It looks like some bug in Google TV OS. I hope they'll fix it in v.3
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page