Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
tamanaco
Android 1.0

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by tamanaco »

mcd2000 wrote: I can not say the actual syntax without trying this by myself. :-)
I understand... I never used ffmepg before and was looking for suggestions from someone with "some" experience. I've been using FormatFactory to convert my files, but it takes a long time. I use the pre-defined profile settings and the resulting conversion is sometimes of lower quality than the source. Using ffmpeg to convert the audio from DTS to ACC using the command you suggested works great and it's fast. I didn't have the time to figure out the correct ffmepg command format, but I tried. In the end I was able to find a separated .srt subtitle file for the movie and keep the original video quality of the source.
Cortito
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by Cortito »

I try to connect dropbox acount but i can't, please giveme the id and pass for download this app
Thanks
tamanaco
Android 1.0

Post by tamanaco »

mcd2000, is it possible for you to add an option where one could add a URL or make navigator recognize a .htm files within movie folders? This way there is a link (somewhere I can click) after I select the movie folder that can get me a Review/Summary for the specific movie. In other words, the end user would enter the IMDB URL for the the specific movie review or save the IMDB page as a .htm file in that folder. I tried placing a .htm file I saved using Firefox while on the IMDB site to a movie folder, but the GTVBox navigator does not know what to do with it. If the content of the URL or .htm file were to be displayed within the GTVBox UI, it would be great, but starting a browser instance would also suffice.

I have a lot of foreign films and movie titles that I don't remember what they're about even with the cover art. The wife keeps asking me what some of these movies are about as I navigate the video library and I have to fire up a browser somewhere and navigate to IMDB to find out what the film is about.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

tamanaco wrote:mcd2000, is it possible for you to add an option where one could add a URL or make navigator recognize a .htm files within movie folders? This way there is a link (somewhere I can click) after I select the movie folder that can get me a Review/Summary for the specific movie. In other words, the end user would enter the IMDB URL for the the specific movie review or save the IMDB page as a .htm file in that folder. I tried placing a .htm file I saved using Firefox while on the IMDB site to a movie folder, but the GTVBox navigator does not know what to do with it. If the content of the URL or .htm file were to be displayed within the GTVBox UI, it would be great, but starting a browser instance would also suffice.

I have a lot of foreign films and movie titles that I don't remember what they're about even with the cover art. The wife keeps asking me what some of these movies are about as I navigate the video library and I have to fire up a browser somewhere and navigate to IMDB to find out what the film is about.
Hmm... I think it would be possible to link a html page to a file in the same way as I link Sheets jpegs now. The problems could be if a page links to other local files. I am not sure what will happen in that case. But it a good idea. :-)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
Mr. Protocol
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Streaming from Majestic media server and NFS: Neither works

Post by Mr. Protocol »

My Sony Google player replaces a Boxee Box. The Box worked just fine with the Majestic media streamer for the Mac. Not so the GTVBox app. It sees Majestic as a streaming source and can list the contents of the advertised folders and the episodes therein. However, trying to actually play an episode causes GTVBox to exit abnormally, generating a report.

Also, I've exported the folders in question via NFS. GTVBox detects the shares when I create an nfs:// URL reference to them, but claims to be unable to list the contents. The shares mount just fine from another Mac. I tried adding "-mapall=nobody" but that didn't help. I installed TVMobili and that works, but I've already paid for Majestic.

SMB couldn't even detect the workgroups but this doesn't surprise me. SMB under Mac OS 10.7.4 doesn't even work with Windows in many cases, let alone funny streaming boxes. But it'd be nice if NFS mounts worked, as well as streaming from Majestic.
pkthunder
Android 1.0

Post by pkthunder »

[email protected] wrote:By any chance did someone tried to use Sopcast with the Sony NSZ GS7

thanks
Adrian
I tried it, Force closes
neghar
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: LG 55G2 (Internet TV)

Post by neghar »

First off I love the app! Second sorry if this was asked/solved already, couldn't get search to work for me. My TV has played everything I've tried thus far. Here is my problem though!! My LG 55G2 does not allow me to select SBS when I press my 3D button, it only gives me the 2D -> 3D option. The side by side files play perfectly fine with the two SBS pictures.

On a side note, DTS gets passed perfectly fine with this app/TV combo!!
Tischer.s
Android 1.0

Post by Tischer.s »

Hi guys I am having a big problem streaming mkv files from my synology DS412+...

Everytime I click on play it tells me this media can't be played...

Some more infos:

Mkv is h.264 and AAC audio!
I added the synology via dlna and live streaming enabled!

But I can't get it to play...

May anyone can help me or tell how I can check for further problems?

Thank you very much

Best wishes

Sebastian
Mr. Protocol
Android 1.0

Showing all subtitles at once

Post by Mr. Protocol »

In playing an MKV video, the app appears to show all embedded subtitles at once, overlaying and obscuring one another. One video I watched appeared to have two sets of English-language subtitles, one in white and one on black. Mostly the two sets were typeset identically, so they overlaid each other exactly. When this happened they were readable. But occasionally the line of dialog would be laid out differently in white than in black, and in that case, it was a big unreadable mess.

GTVBox should allow us to select which subtitle streams to display: EFX and white, or EFX and black, or whatever.

Thanks, btw! For me, this is the app that makes the whole box worthwhile.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Tischer.s wrote: Mkv is h.264 and AAC audio!
I added the synology via dlna and live streaming enabled!
Did you try to disable Live streaming mode?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...