Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
surge
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Resume data.. where is it stored?

Post by surge »

mcd2000 wrote:
surge wrote: are you saying you've coded them to work in read-only mode or is this a Google limitation?
This is my limitation. This is actually possible to do in future.
that's good to hear... let me know if you want a tester.. your app is pretty much the only reason I use my Revue :-)

keep up the excellent work!
pet4a
Android 1.0

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by pet4a »

tinsnow wrote:

ffmpeg -threads 2 -i FileWithDTSAudio.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ac 6 -ar 48000 -ab 448k FileWithAC3Audio.mp4

- install ffmped and use this command in command prompt

help would be appreciated. i would love to convert the audio only of DTS 5.1 to AAC 5.1 and do not touch the video format. It would play perfectly using GTVBox app.
i am getting an error while trying to convert to ac3.
i get "no such file" error
any tips?
thanks
Teca
Android 1.0

Post by Teca »

Someone please help. I purchased the Sony Internet TV NSZ-GS7. In order to stream from my pc to the my tv purchased and downloaded GTVBOX. I can't for the life of me get GTVBOX to recognize any shares on my windows PC. I am using windows 7 and have file and printer sharing enabled and have tried all kinds of configurations with file sharing. Whats strangest is that GTVBOX won't automatically detect my PCs homegroup.

I have tried with SMB, Webdav and the NFS protocols. When I try with SMB I get the error "Resource cannot be displayed. (SMBException Incorrect Function)".

I'd appreciate any help you can offer. I really don't want to return this mediabox as its UI is one of the best I've seen but I will if I can't get the device to recognize shares on my PC.

I've also tried the SMB://userw@ip format it still gives me the same above error: "Resource cannot be displayed. (SMBException Incorrect Function)".

Its really weird because connecting through SMB works through the file manager app "ES File Explorer."
jbloggs
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Resume data.. where is it stored?

Post by jbloggs »

mcd2000 wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:
surge wrote:Where is the resume data (playstate) stored?

If it's local to the GTV player being used, can you create an option to store it where the videos are stored?
This would allow pausing from one room and resuming from another.

It could be as simple as a file that tracks the current timestamp of where the video is at and writing it to a file.
thanks
It is not currently possible to implement, because all file access modules are coded to work in read-only mode.

This is my limitation. This is actually possible to do in future.
That would actually be a great feature for people with multiple Google TV devices.
Teca
Android 1.0

Post by Teca »

Strange for some reason GTVBOX is recognizing the SMB shares now.

The only problem now is that some mkv files won't play. Some will stutter every 20 seconds or so and I think the ones coded with DTS audio won't play at all. Will there be any fixes for this? I'm using the Sony Internet Player NSZ-GS7 by the way.

Also thanks for the wonderful product. The interface is fantastic.
p-richard
Android 1.0

Post by p-richard »

pet4a wrote:
tinsnow wrote:

ffmpeg -threads 2 -i FileWithDTSAudio.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ac 6 -ar 48000 -ab 448k FileWithAC3Audio.mp4

- install ffmped and use this command in command prompt

help would be appreciated. i would love to convert the audio only of DTS 5.1 to AAC 5.1 and do not touch the video format. It would play perfectly using GTVBox app.
i am getting an error while trying to convert to ac3.
i get "no such file" error
any tips?
thanks
Because of the limitations of the Revue I have been using a two or three step process which works pretty well. What I have been doing is using MakeMKV to create the MKV from Bluray or DVD; If DTS only audio, using Popcorn to convert. Once you get it configured it appears to do a stellar job of taking an MKV with DTS and creating an AC3 file and inserting right back into the MKV quite seamlessly and relatively quickly. It even syncs the audio. Lastly I have been reducing the size of the files using Handbrake to convert to an M4v. I know they're not as good as the raw video but with my current config they're pretty nice. And the files are reduced 60% with minimal degradation. I have been using Mezzmo as my media server which allows me to download covers and now works quite well with GTVBox in grid mode. All this has so far produced a library of about 130 videos so far and climbing with the ability to fast forward to the middle of a video with almost no lag on Bluray's.

I would like the grid mode to be adjustable to show more/smaller thumbnails. The jpg's are inherently low res and look crappy at 5 across. 6 across at least would be nice, plus you can see more selections on the screen at once. Maybe GTVBox could have the ability to choose how many you want in each row would be nice and that way everyone can fine tune it to their liking.

I would love to hear suggestions on how to stream line what I'm doing to make it faster and higher quality.
tamanaco
Android 1.0

Post by tamanaco »

I used the ffmpeg command to convert the audio of a .mkv file with DTS audio to ACC using the ffmpeg command with the options mentioned earlier. The conversion completed without errors, but the process drops the subtitles "embedded" in source file. Is there a specific option (switch) I need to use with the ffmpeg command to preserve the "embedded" subtitles in the source file? Thanks.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

tamanaco wrote:I used the ffmpeg command to convert the audio of a .mkv file with DTS audio to ACC using the ffmpeg command with the options mentioned earlier. The conversion completed without errors, but the process drops the subtitles "embedded" in source file. Is there a specific option (switch) I need to use with the ffmpeg command to preserve the "embedded" subtitles in the source file? Thanks.
Read here: http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/How% ... p%20option
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
tamanaco
Android 1.0

Post by tamanaco »

Thanks... but using the latest Windows build of ffmpeg on Windows 7 I tried a couple permutation of switches, but I have not been successful. After using the the command: (ffmpeg -i sourcefile.mkv) I get the following results:

"Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'sourcefile.mkv':
Metadata:
creation_time : 2012-10-07 10:25:57
Duration: 01:49:39.19, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 5695 kb/s
Stream #0:0(alb): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1280x688 [SAR 1:1 DAR 80:43],
23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
Stream #0:1(alb): Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 1536 kb/s (de
fault)
Stream #0:2(eng): Subtitle: subrip (default)"

I guess Stream #0:2(eng): Subtitle: is the one I need to include in the -imap switch (-imap 0:2). I tried adding it, but I get the following error: "Encoder (codec none) not found for output stream #0:2"

Can you post what the command (Syntax) should be... based on the output of the ffmpeg -i command I posted above? Could it be that I'm missing a library or something in the Windows build?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

tamanaco wrote: Can you post what the command (Syntax) should be... based on the output of the ffmpeg -i command I posted above? Could it be that I'm missing a library or something in the Windows build?
I can not say the actual syntax without trying this by myself. :-)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...