Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
creison
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by creison »

mcd2000 wrote:
creison wrote: Is there a way to feed the hd truth the GTVBox by the smb network, i mean transfer the mkv's from pc to the hd without to unplug it from revue all by the smb network.
You can use file navigator apps like File Expert or ES File Explorer to connect to your PC over SMB and copy files to the local filesystem.
True but the transfer speed seems kind of slow, anyway it is an option! :D
what is the circle mark that shows after some files in my movies list?
Is it a mark for played movies?
Thanks in advance for your replay!
creison
Android 1.0

Post by creison »

mcd2000 wrote:
tinsnow wrote: - install ffmped and use this command in command prompt
That is correct. You can download ffmpeg builds for ex. here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
Im using http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showt ... ?tid=20887 and it´s Gr8!
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Resume data.. where is it stored?

Post by mcd2000 »

surge wrote:Where is the resume data (playstate) stored?

If it's local to the GTV player being used, can you create an option to store it where the videos are stored?
This would allow pausing from one room and resuming from another.

It could be as simple as a file that tracks the current timestamp of where the video is at and writing it to a file.
thanks
It is not currently possible to implement, because all file access modules are coded to work in read-only mode.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

creison wrote: what is the circle mark that shows after some files in my movies list?
Is it a mark for played movies?
Thanks in advance for your replay!
Yes, this marks a movie that you've already watched (half-watched).
In the grid mode there is a green line instead.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
surge
Android 1.0

Post by surge »

mcd2000 wrote:

If it's local to the GTV player being used, can you create an option to store it where the videos are stored?

It could be as simple as a file that tracks the current timestamp of where the video is at and writing it to a file.
thanks
It is not currently possible to implement, because all file access modules are coded to work in read-only mode.
are you saying you've coded them to work in read-only mode or is this a Google limitation?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

surge wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:

thanks
are you saying you've coded them to work in read-only mode or is this a Google limitation?
This is my limitation. This is actually possible to do in future.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
mrzip
Android 1.0

Post by mrzip »

Is it possible to recompile GTVBox to work with rooted 2.1. I'd rather not have to upgrade my second Revue to 3.2 as I think its very laggy compared to my 2.1. Holding out as long as I can till I can till 3.2 gets rooted from its bloatware.

thanks

:)
zymurgist
Android 1.0

Post by zymurgist »

Hi Alexander,

Since the last GTBox update, my MKV videos are stopping at random intervals during playback. At first I thought it was a bad file, but it has been happening on every one I try. On some of the files, I can't even seek back to the point it failed. Any ideas?

Thanks!
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

mrzip wrote:Is it possible to recompile GTVBox to work with rooted 2.1. I'd rather not have to upgrade my second Revue to 3.2 as I think its very laggy compared to my 2.1. Holding out as long as I can till I can till 3.2 gets rooted from its bloatware.

thanks

:)
No that is not possible.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

zymurgist wrote:Hi Alexander,

Since the last GTBox update, my MKV videos are stopping at random intervals during playback. At first I thought it was a bad file, but it has been happening on every one I try. On some of the files, I can't even seek back to the point it failed. Any ideas?

Thanks!
People usually say "after the last update". But sometimes it is not GTVBox update that causes the issue, but something else in GTV system or on the server.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page