Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
jbloggs
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by jbloggs »

mcd2000 wrote:Couple of serious improvements in playback engine will be introduced in the next version:
- On-fly FOURCC fixing for AVI files. There is a problem on Google TV with some AVI files that contain DivX5/6 video. GTV media engine do not like DX50 and DIVX FOURCC codes. So, GTVBox will change them to XVID. This can fix some of your "broken" AVI files.
- Improved MKV extended parser. Sony users noticed that if you skip forward over your MKV, internal subtitles do not display. So, this will be fixed. Also, this parser should be more stable overall and it creates possibility for future SUB/IDX support in GTVBox.

Testers are welcome.
Hi mcd2000,

You are doing an excellent job of supporting your app, well done !

I've got the Sony NSZ-GT1 Blu-Ray player with Google TV attached to 82" Mitsubishi 3D TV via Pioneer VSX-1021k A/V reciever. Most of my videos are in mkv format and some xvid on Hard drive attached to Linksys router directly via USB port on the router. I have been using the WDTV Live media player which is serving me well, but I wanted to experiment trying to stream the videos through Google TV. My understanding is that GTVBox can handle mkv and xivd, is that correct? Also will it be able to handle 3D side-by-side video mkv streaming?

Thanks again
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

jbloggs wrote: I've got the Sony NSZ-GT1 Blu-Ray player with Google TV attached to 82" Mitsubishi 3D TV via Pioneer VSX-1021k A/V reciever. Most of my videos are in mkv format and some xvid on Hard drive attached to Linksys router directly via USB port on the router. I have been using the WDTV Live media player which is serving me well, but I wanted to experiment trying to stream the videos through Google TV. My understanding is that GTVBox can handle mkv and xivd, is that correct? Also will it be able to handle 3D side-by-side video mkv streaming?

Thanks again
Hi,

Yes. Most of your MKV and AVI/XVID files should work.
I am not sure about 3D as I don't have a 3D TV to test this. :-)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
famewolf
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by famewolf »

If you do look into recording formats etc please keep the hdhomerun in mind which sends the signal across the network basically in raw mpeg2 format (which might be a problem for the revue). It always did seems like a google tv with a hdhomerun would have been a match made in heaven but sadly ended up as "the date from hell". Thanks for all your great work on this player!
Moebius
Android 1.0

Post by Moebius »

mcd2000 wrote:
Moebius wrote:How do I play a http stream? I have a http stream (only mp3 audio), but don't know how to receive it with GTVBox.
Thanks!
If you have an URL, launch GTVBox and press L button to enter URL.
Worked. Thanks! Played a HTTP stream from another building. This audio (mp3) stream was generated with VLC, capturing audio from analog input.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
surge
Android 1.0

Post by surge »

jbloggs wrote:My understanding is that GTVBox can handle mkv and xivd, is that correct? Also will it be able to handle 3D side-by-side video mkv streaming?

I have about 10 - SBS 3D MKVs (Side-By-Side) GTVBox plays them as normal videos... When the TV is set to 3D SBS, it plays them file flawlessly.

I have a Revue so skipping doesnt' work very well, (not a 3D issue, but a MKV issue) but everything else works great.. be sure to turn off subtitles since they don't convert.
coronanlime
Android 1.0

Post by coronanlime »

mcd2000 wrote:
coronanlime wrote:Search function is broken so posting a question and hope it hasn't been asked before.

How do I set up an SMB if I have my HD hooked up to my router. I have a netgear wndr4000 and have been trying to get it working all day.
Are you able to see the share from your PC?
Yes. Under network it says readyshare. I've tried to manually try to add the smb a bunch of different ways but no luck.
ioos
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by ioos »

I purchased this app a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to use it. Every time it opens, it FCs a few seconds later. This is on an NSX 46 inch TV.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

coronanlime wrote:
Yes. Under network it says readyshare. I've tried to manually try to add the smb a bunch of different ways but no luck.
What address string are you using with PC?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

ioos wrote:I purchased this app a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to use it. Every time it opens, it FCs a few seconds later. This is on an NSX 46 inch TV.
This sucks. :-(
Please, write me an email to [email protected] and if we will not be able to resolve your issue, I'll make a refund.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page