Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
DeepUgh
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by DeepUgh »

My SMB shares also "fail to connect" since the last update. They'd worked so well since GTV came out, I'd downloaded a bunch of .srt's and generated moviesheets, too. I've tried rebooting all devices, using the SMB's IP address, clearing the application cache, remove/reinstall of GTV, removing/modifying the optional domain name, changing the SMB share password, removing the SMB share password, renaming the share, etc. No luck.
Logitech Revue/WHS 1
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

DeepUgh wrote:My SMB shares also "fail to connect" since the last update. They'd worked so well since GTV came out, I'd downloaded a bunch of .srt's and generated moviesheets, too. I've tried rebooting all devices, using the SMB's IP address, clearing the application cache, remove/reinstall of GTV, removing/modifying the optional domain name, changing the SMB share password, removing the SMB share password, renaming the share, etc. No luck.
Logitech Revue/WHS 1
What exact error do you receive?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
DeepUgh
Android 1.0

Post by DeepUgh »

When using the SMB's IP address, I get "SMBException the handle is invalid". When I put in the SMB server's name, it's "Resource can not be displayed. SMBException Failed to connect myservername/66.152.109.25"
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

DeepUgh wrote:66.152.109.25"
Very strange IP-address for a local network.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by RawisTheGameHhH »

mcd2000 wrote:
DeepUgh wrote:My SMB shares also "fail to connect" since the last update. They'd worked so well since GTV came out, I'd downloaded a bunch of .srt's and generated moviesheets, too. I've tried rebooting all devices, using the SMB's IP address, clearing the application cache, remove/reinstall of GTV, removing/modifying the optional domain name, changing the SMB share password, removing the SMB share password, renaming the share, etc. No luck.
Logitech Revue/WHS 1
What exact error do you receive?
sorry i am not at home to give the exact error but i know it mentions the ip of 127.0.0.1
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

RawisTheGameHhH wrote: sorry i am not at home to give the exact error but i know it mentions the ip of 127.0.0.1
127.0.0.1 is localhost. It can not connect to itself for sure. :shock:
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0

mcd2000 wrote:
RawisTheGameHhH wrote: sorry i am not at home to give the exact error but i know it mentions the ip of 127.0.0.1
127.0.0.1 is localhost. It can not connect to itself for sure. :shock:
but i didnt change a thing and it used to work perfectly before the update
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

RawisTheGameHhH wrote: but i didnt change a thing and it used to work perfectly before the update
So, you mean that Discovery feature finds your server, but then can not connect to it because of 127.0.0.1 address. Is it correct?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0

mcd2000 wrote:
RawisTheGameHhH wrote: but i didnt change a thing and it used to work perfectly before the update
So, you mean that Discovery feature finds your server, but then can not connect to it because of 127.0.0.1 address. Is it correct?
correct; it finds my homegroup and then finds the computer with the shared folders but then cannot connect due to the error; i can get the exact error later today
DeepUgh
Android 1.0

Post by DeepUgh »

mcd2000 wrote:
DeepUgh wrote:66.152.109.25"
Very strange IP-address for a local network.
Yup, that's certainly not in the scope of my local network private IP range - I don't know where it's pulling that public address from...