Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by mcd2000 »

deviousrich wrote: ahhhhhhhhh this was the one feature that i really loved when playing MP3s. i have a plasma tv so hate guis that leave static text on the screen and GTVBox was the one app that didnt! anyway you could have a "press to hide" button so i can just have a black screen?

you know you cant please everyone all the time right, someone has to complain, even with this level of service!
Goddamnit!
I'll make it 10% semitransparent. It will not hurt your TV and will be still visible.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

GTVBox Video Player v.0.60 released!
Once again about features:

- NFS support.
It very VERY experimental. Works with Ubuntu, does not with MacOSX.
You need to have something like this in /etc/exports:
/home/nfs 192.168.0.0/24(rw,no_root_squash,async,insecure)
I hope it will be possible to make native kernel-nfs support on rooted Sony units in future.

- Playlists.
It is basically a rewritten "play this and next feature". When you click PLAY (media button) on a file instead of OK/Enter, GTVBox will create a playlist which contains files in current directory, starting from current selected file and until the end of directory (according to current sorting mode). Then it starts the first file and plays files in playlist one by one. You can switch between contents of playlist using |<< and >>| buttons (remember that these are FN+FF/FW on the Revue). This even works with UPnP/DLNA shares (but without sorting).
You can construct your own playlist in m3u format with 3rd-party software (like Winamp) and play it with GTVBox. Or if you have links to some http-streams in m3u format, you can try to use them too.

- Subtitle offset.
Sometimes subtitles are not properly synced with video stream. Use < and > buttons to adjust subtitle offset during playback.

- Quicksearch.
When using quick search, it will highlight found items and you can select one using up/down keys.

- USB labels.
When you connect USB-stick or USB-HDD to your GTV, GTVBox will display label of a drive (if one exists), instead of "usb.AAAA-BBBB".

- Infobar
When playing music, infobar will not completely disappear. It will just fade dark.

Some small bug fixes and improvements.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
proximous
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by proximous »

mcd2000 wrote:It is not as easy. :-) All common used video libs are C/C++, but you can only use Java on Google TV.
It was not very easy even to parse MKV and current MKV support has many bugs and for ex. does not support seeking. So, first of all I am working on improving MKV parsing. I believe that good MKV support is more important than other types of containers for now.
Thanks for explaining. Disappointing to hear how painful it is for M4V. If I can find a good MKV utility to handle the extras features I'll convert my M4V to MKV. I wonder if ICS provides better support for this and if an ICS update for GTV is coming anytime in the near future. That would sure be nice...but likely wishful thinking.

I like the subtitle adjust feature in v6. I had that issue and your feature seems like a great solution. Thanks!
sweup
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by sweup »

mcd2000 wrote:
sweup wrote:Yeah, I can understand that :)

What i mean is, with Logitech media app, you can just type for folders in the directory eg "Cartoon" all folders that have "Cartoon" in the name are shown (others are filtered away). You dont need to use the search box - just type
Now, you can do almost the same. Just press "S" before entering text. :mrgreen:
Damn it, was going to try it out. Now Revue force me to update Mark.. Google Play and its just idle, no update..

Thanks for update, still :)
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

sweup wrote: Damn it, was going to try it out. Now Revue force me to update Mark.. Google Play and its just idle, no update..

Hehe, I am having the same issue.
I was able to update with apk on Sony, but it required root to completely remove old Market. Don't know what to do with my Revue yet. :x
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Native NFS mounting manual for rooted Sony device.

For those who don't like crappy Java NFS in GTVBox, there is even more geek but more stable (and with higher performance) way.
You need rooted Sony Google TV unit.
- Install adb (android developer tools).
- Download binary busybox here: http://player.gtvbox.net/busybox?attredirects=0&d=1
- Put binary to the device:
adb push busybox /bin/
- Then go to shell:
adb shell
- In the shell:
chmod 755 /bin/busybox
mkdir /mnt/media/nfs
busybox mount -o nolock -t nfs <ipaddress>:<sharepath> /mnt/media/nfs/

Now you have NFS mounted and a tab in GTVBox to use it!
The same should work with cifs (smb), but I could not make it work yet.
Last edited by mcd2000 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
sweup
Android 1.0

Post by sweup »

mcd2000 wrote:
sweup wrote: Damn it, was going to try it out. Now Revue force me to update Mark.. Google Play and its just idle, no update..

Hehe, I am having the same issue.
I was able to update with apk on Sony, but it required root to completely remove old Market. Don't know what to do with my Revue yet. :x
Nice not to be alone :)
sweup
Android 1.0

Post by sweup »

Still problem with market but manage to install new version of GTV player.
"Play this file and next" works now, yay

Request for features in next version
* Would still be nice to have continous play option while playing movies (icon in controller)
* A scroll bar to the right when in directory (to be able to use the mouse, not only arrow keys)

Thanks again for update
plutino
Android 1.0

Post by plutino »

YES! I hate to run a SMB server just for GTVBox
mcd2000 wrote:I wonder if someone here is interested in NFS share support for GTVBox...
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by RawisTheGameHhH »

what happened; since GTVBox's update; it cannot find any of my SNB shares on my computer anymore??? nothing has changed on my computer; please help!

UPDATE - for some reason it works with the IP address and not the SNB wizard that finds my homegroup then computer; odd?!?!