Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
George
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by George »

I love how you have the unlp/ldna shares set up.. I use tvevisity as a server and I love that you can just select a folder as a share!! Makes it much easier than all those menus to get down to the movies.

Thank you for all the hard work you are doing with this. Best $2.99 I have ever spent.

I would still love the option to let it default to my native "ENG" track for the sound on some movies with more than one. That is really my only gripe, and I can alway hit the A button.
nevuleo
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by nevuleo »

I don't have access to buy on the android market and I would like to have the latest version. What can I do?
And where I can Download movie audio tracks?
rjbreaux
Android 1.0

Post by rjbreaux »

I have a Sony NSZ-GT1. i like your app, But it does not retrieve all of the video files on my computer external hard drive. I have each TV show set up in its own folder. It will retrieve most of the episodes in each folder but not all of them. All the files are MP4.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

nevuleo wrote:I don't have access to buy on the android market and I would like to have the latest version. What can I do?
And where I can Download movie audio tracks?
I'll make it avaliable on Dropbox later.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

rjbreaux wrote:I have a Sony NSZ-GT1. i like your app, But it does not retrieve all of the video files on my computer external hard drive. I have each TV show set up in its own folder. It will retrieve most of the episodes in each folder but not all of them. All the files are MP4.
What do you mean? You are unable to play them or they do not display in the list?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
rjbreaux
Android 1.0

Post by rjbreaux »

mcd2000 wrote:
rjbreaux wrote:I have a Sony NSZ-GT1. i like your app, But it does not retrieve all of the video files on my computer external hard drive. I have each TV show set up in its own folder. It will retrieve most of the episodes in each folder but not all of them. All the files are MP4.
What do you mean? You are unable to play them or they do not display in the list?
They all don not display in the list. the ones that do display, play fine. Also how do you get the cover art and descriptions to come up.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

rjbreaux wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:
They all don not display in the list. the ones that do display, play fine. Also how do you get the cover art and descriptions to come up.
Are you streaming from smb share?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
proximous
Android 1.0

Post by proximous »

Does this support subtitles within an M4V? This doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's an android limitation?

With external subtitle files, if there are forced subtitles (such as foreign languages translated into English), is there a way to have GTVBox automatically enable those subtitles (perhaps based on file name such as "movie_name-forced.srt")? If I have multiple subtitles, is there a way I should name them to control the order they are offered?

Thanks!
sweup
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by sweup »

Was a real treat to discover GTVBox Video Player today. The Revues native media app is not so pleasant.
Really like the feature to bookmark underlying root folder.

Hope to see extended function to the remote - continuous play icon etc. Also to be able to type what you looking for in the folder structure (not needed to go by search) the only good thing in Revue media app.

Thanks, and keep up the good work
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

proximous wrote:Does this support subtitles within an M4V? This doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's an android limitation?

With external subtitle files, if there are forced subtitles (such as foreign languages translated into English), is there a way to have GTVBox automatically enable those subtitles (perhaps based on file name such as "movie_name-forced.srt")? If I have multiple subtitles, is there a way I should name them to control the order they are offered?

Thanks!
Older versions of gtvbox, just enabled external subs by default if found. I think, I'll just return this behaviour.
There is no support for multiple srt files yet.

Android/GTV OS doesn't support any kind of subtitles. :-)
I am using self-written parser to extract subtitles from mkv stream.
So, to display M4V subs another completely different parser is required.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page