Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by mcd2000 »

proximous wrote:This is a great app that just keeps getting better!

I have a feature request. Most of my movies are M4V with a first track AAC stereo and second track AC3 (and if HD a third track with DTS...those being MKVs).

I love the audio switch feature and use it for every movie since I never want the AAC on the Google TV. So is it possible to have a feature that would automatically choose the audio track? Ideally, it would choose the best audio supported by my hardware (DTS first if found, AC3 second if found, and AAC last). If not, I'd rather it auto choose the AC3 than the AAC. (For that matter, with my movie collection, I'd be happy if it always auto picked track 2.)

Thanks!
I think that would be a buggy feature. :shock:
Consider me. I am russian. I have some file with the first track russian ac3 and the second english dts. Using your algorithm, it will always take english dts. :-)
With mkv files, GTVBox could technically detect languages of tracks and select a track in the preferred language. But with MP4/M4V it is not yet possible.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
D-Bone
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by D-Bone »

mcd2000 wrote:I have a 1,5hour 720p movie. I took really over 5 minutes to seek to the middle.
The problem is it just progressively loads the file until the needed point. So, seeking depends on the filesize greatly.
AVI files (fully downloaded) work correct. You can seek to any part of a file almost instantly.

Sorry, I don't want to receive mail and bad marks in the Market smth like: "WHAT THE F*? Your mkv resume takes me a hour". :-)
That makes sense. I didn't realize it loaded the file until it got to the point of the resume. I assume that is a Logitech/GoogleTV limitation?

Would it make sense to add the resume feature to AVI's only and then any file you need resume support for, just convert it to AVI? I think most of us are already converting our files anyway to get around the lack of DTS support on the Logitech. Then when I am converting a show/movie for my kids, I know to make it an AVI so they can resume it if needed. Just a thought.

Thanks again for an awesome app!
If you think growing up is tough, then you're just not grown up enough.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

D-Bone wrote: Would it make sense to add the resume feature to AVI's only and then any file you need resume support for, just convert it to AVI? I think most of us are already converting our files anyway to get around the lack of DTS support on the Logitech. Then when I am converting a show/movie for my kids, I know to make it an AVI so they can resume it if needed. Just a thought.

Thanks again for an awesome app!
v. 0.5 is under testing now. It supports resume for avi/mov/mp4/m4v.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
proximous
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by proximous »

mcd2000 wrote:
proximous wrote:...So is it possible to have a feature that would automatically choose the audio track? Ideally, it would choose the best audio supported by my hardware (DTS first if found, AC3 second if found, and AAC last). If not, I'd rather it auto choose the AC3 than the AAC. (For that matter, with my movie collection, I'd be happy if it always auto picked track 2.)
I think that would be a buggy feature. :shock:
Consider me. I am russian. I have some file with the first track russian ac3 and the second english dts. Using your algorithm, it will always take english dts. :-)
With mkv files, GTVBox could technically detect languages of tracks and select a track in the preferred language. But with MP4/M4V it is not yet possible.
Understood. Clearly I only ever have one language in my movies so it would never be an issue for me.
It would still be a feature I would guess any single language person like me would use, even if it is an option that is off by default and says "play best supported audio (WARNING will ignore audio Language)"

Either way, still a great app without this! Thanks for your time considering and responding.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

proximous wrote: Understood. Clearly I only ever have one language in my movies so it would never be an issue for me.
It would still be a feature I would guess any single language person like me would use, even if it is an option that is off by default and says "play best supported audio (WARNING will ignore audio Language)"

Either way, still a great app without this! Thanks for your time considering and responding.
I am now trying to get Sony Bluray to Russia... that is not very easy task...
If I finally receive one, we can return to this. :-)

PS: Sony has some interesting hidden APIs comparing to Logitech. Can't wait to test them. :-)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

GTVBox Video Player 1/2 released!
We have a new logo now.
GTVBox now supports streaming from WebDAV servers. WebDAV protocol is based on HTTP and allows to stream not only over LAN, but also over the Internet. Unfortunately, I didn't find good testers for this feature (DAMN! Over 10 people contacted, but almost none of them provided feedback). So, It may have issues. Please, report all bugs with WebDAV to [email protected].
MKV subtitles support is extended. Some SSA subtitle styles like font color and position are supported now (look at crazy screenshot).
Playback resume feature added for some types of files (MP4/M4V/MOV/AVI). No MKV resume yet...
Folders are now listed before files in the file navigator. I hate that, but Windows users insisted.
Many Airplay fixes were made. Now Airplay works from Android phones over DoubleTwist+Airsync app. Also, issues with more than one GTVBox device in a LAN fixed.Many bugs fixed, new bugs created.

Expectations for the next version:
DLNA support. I know you have a default player and avia for that.... but they can't switch audio and display subtitles. :-)
I want to get rid of this "usb.AGDF-ETDG" on USB drives and show real labels.
Airplay still works awful, sorry. I'am working on this too.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
surge
Android 1.0

Post by surge »

mcd2000 wrote:
D-Bone wrote: The problem is it just progressively loads the file until the needed point. So, seeking depends on the filesize greatly.
Is this something that may change or is this a limitation of the Revue?
If it's a limitation, is there a recommended format to convert MKVs with AC3 audio to?

thx
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

surge wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:
D-Bone wrote: The problem is it just progressively loads the file until the needed point. So, seeking depends on the filesize greatly.
Is this something that may change or is this a limitation of the Revue?
If it's a limitation, is there a recommended format to convert MKVs with AC3 audio to?

thx
Seeking worked in the beta firware. So it could be fixed by Google/Logitech sometime.
You can convert to MP4.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
George
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by George »

HAven't tested the new software, but just got an update to the os on the google sony bluray player -nsz-gt1. It now does 3d.
deviousrich
Android 1.0

Post by deviousrich »

mcd2000 wrote:
Expectations for the next version:
DLNA support. I know you have a default player and avia for that.... but they can't switch audio and display subtitles. :-)
I want to get rid of this "usb.AGDF-ETDG" on USB drives and show real labels.
Airplay still works awful, sorry. I'am working on this too.

DLNA with audio switching would be absolutly ideal! that way we could resume / skip through (as that seems to work fine on revue) and have the benifit of the great user experiance on GTVBox...