Confirmed Working Apps

Talk about apps goes here.
jm9843
Android 1.0

Re: Confirmed Working Apps

Post by jm9843 »

gdeeble wrote:All I do, is if I have the APK on my phone, I just email the APK to myself and via the web pull my email up. I've managed to add Facebook, Twitter, G+, Huddle, Craigslist Browser and Alchemy.
Are you confirming that all of these work and with a high degree of compatibility?

Does Twitter load like the old GoogleTV version or does it appear like it does on a mobile?
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

True. Didn't think about that, as I don't have a tablet to see how they should look. They do run like the mobile version enlarged. :?
jm9843
Android 1.0

Post by jm9843 »

gdeeble wrote:They do run like the mobile version enlarged. :?
As do most of them at this point. I was just particularly interested in Twitter because it was one of the few native apps to ship with GoogleTV 2.1.

I suppose Twitter will see fit to add that GoogleTVized version of the app to the Market closer to the official release of Honeycomb.
mrandroid
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by mrandroid »

Ok some more:

1. Google Voice
2. Facebook
3. Twitter
4. System Panel
5. UPDATE: Google Music Finally works with my Music account! YAY!!!!!! (also, it works with the media controls on the keyboard)

Doesn't work:
1. Gmail (force closes)
2. Teamviewer (gives portrait mode incompatibility error)
3. They Need to be Fed
4. Peggle

NEXT:

I'm going to test Splashtop HD to see if that will work. if it does, then you can expect full 30fps streaming of your desktop including sound
npavlo
Android 1.0

Post by npavlo »

Weatherbug works if you do not check off "Enable Background Updates", and also do not check off "Enable GPS".

How did you get google music working?
This may be a stupid question, but where are you guys downloading the APKs from to sideload thru DropBox? I have found some sources online, but most of the versions are out of date.
I'd like to try some honeycomb specific apps (like weatherbug, gmail, etc). Perhaps the 3.0+ apps would be more compatible? I just don't know how to extract the apk.
jm9843
Android 1.0

Post by jm9843 »

First post updated with some nice additions. I've been enjoying Slacker Radio for the last hour or so on the Revue.
mrandroid wrote:NEXT:

I'm going to test Splashtop HD to see if that will work. if it does, then you can expect full 30fps streaming of your desktop including sound
This is the one I might be interested in most. Let us know how it goes.
Itsjusttim
Android 1.0

Post by Itsjusttim »

Can someone check if hulu is working, along with flash video on chrome... Mainly- Letmewatchthis.com? Thanks.
mrandroid
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by mrandroid »

UPDATE:
1. Splashtop HD doesn't work. once you click the agreement, it force closes.
2. Friend Me (tablet facebook app) does work, but the funcationality is limited due to layout and color choices.

Questions Answered:
1. How did I get Music's streaming working? Well I did the same resolve as you would do on a phone. I used the app "System Panel" to close out the music app, then re opened it. it then asked me to approve syncing of my music account.

2. How are we getting the apps to dropbox? I myself am pulling them from my phone, then uploading them to dropbox.

Does anyone have any app suggestions they would like me to try?
joedeveloper
1.5 Cupcake

Post by joedeveloper »

mrandroid wrote:UPDATE:
1. Splashtop HD doesn't work. once you click the agreement, it force closes.
2. Friend Me (tablet facebook app) does work, but the funcationality is limited due to layout and color choices.

Questions Answered:
1. How did I get Music's streaming working? Well I did the same resolve as you would do on a phone. I used the app "System Panel" to close out the music app, then re opened it. it then asked me to approve syncing of my music account.

2. How are we getting the apps to dropbox? I myself am pulling them from my phone, then uploading them to dropbox.

Does anyone have any app suggestions they would like me to try?
yeah I actually do it a different way but the same result. I take the APK's from my phone and load them onto a USB drive, stick it onto the revue box and then browse via file manager and install the APK's.

USB Sticks show up under:

/mnt/media/usb.E1EC-90E0

That last part might be different for everyone, but that's the location when you plug in a usb stick.

I have the following apps that I loaded:

ConnectBot - works for SSH'ing into servers
Facebook - http://i.imgur.com/rOowfh.jpg
Astro File Manager - http://i.imgur.com/3QJ1ph.jpg
Better Terminal Pro - http://i.imgur.com/FhRIah.jpg
Amazon MP3 ( only works on wifi, not sure on sound though )
Superuser ( http://i.imgur.com/Tts4hh.jpg screenshot, no root yet)

Tried didn't work:
Dolphin HD
Damn you autocorrect
FYI (http://forums.androidcentral.com/barnes ... vices.html) this doesn't work to resolve watching hulu.com

Changing the user agent only removes the browser warning, flash warning still exists.

Partly because there is no flash player that you can uninstall on the revue currently, just installing this on top changes nothing.
myshyak
Android 1.0

Post by myshyak »

A small update:
Chrome Extension do not work for a moment.
Download them successfully, seem them in Downloads but get the message that I can't execute it