Confirmed Working Apps

Talk about apps goes here.
jd567890
Android 1.0

Re: Confirmed Working Apps

Post by jd567890 »

killer4110 wrote:I am still trying to find an App that will let me switch to portrait mode...............
The 'orientation control' app doesn't do the job?
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

jd567890 wrote:
killer4110 wrote:I am still trying to find an App that will let me switch to portrait mode...............
The 'orientation control' app doesn't do the job?[/quot

Not for me, it screwed up my directional pad on my keyboard,when i have alittle more time i will mess around with it again,..................
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

killer4110 wrote:
jd567890 wrote:
The 'orientation control' app doesn't do the job?[/quot

Not for me, it screwed up my directional pad on my keyboard,when i have alittle more time i will mess around with it again,..................
Just tried it again, messed around in the settings, and it turned my screen upside down,I was trying to watch GeekBeat.TV,it worked,but it was upside down, not nice on the eyes..................
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

killer4110 wrote:
Just tried it again, messed around in the settings, and it turned my screen upside down,I was trying to watch GeekBeat.TV,it worked,but it was upside down, not nice on the eyes..................
lol
Altair
Android 1.0

Post by Altair »

I can say that Orientation Control set to landscape doesn't seem to mess up the arrows. Allowed AdFree to run long enough to complain about not having root rather than instantly force closing.

I'll list some apps I've tried that I don't think have been listed yet (forgive me if I repeat some known ones).

Working:
- Pulse (Has some serious display issues in landscape mode, you only get a narrow column for reading. Have not tried yet with orientation set differently)
- Palmary Weather Pro
- Redbox (Some functions don't work since you can't select your local redbox due to no location services)
- Log Collector (As of yet I haven't figured out how to get the log off the device, dropbox won't accept text and I haven't tried any email clients other than gmail yet)

Not Working:
- MOG Music (anyone have access to the HC apk for this? I've been grabbing everything from my N1)
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

Altair wrote:I can say that Orientation Control set to landscape doesn't seem to mess up the arrows. Allowed AdFree to run long enough to complain about not having root rather than instantly force closing.

I'll list some apps I've tried that I don't think have been listed yet (forgive me if I repeat some known ones).

Working:
- Pulse (Has some serious display issues in landscape mode, you only get a narrow column for reading. Have not tried yet with orientation set differently)
- Palmary Weather Pro
- Redbox (Some functions don't work since you can't select your local redbox due to no location services)
- Log Collector (As of yet I haven't figured out how to get the log off the device, dropbox won't accept text and I haven't tried any email clients other than gmail yet)

Not Working:
- MOG Music (anyone have access to the HC apk for this? I've been grabbing everything from my N1)
Can you go through your settings in the Orientation Control,and let us know how you have them,maybe i have been doing something wrong this whole time.....

Thanks
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

killer4110 wrote:
Altair wrote:I can say that Orientation Control set to landscape doesn't seem to mess up the arrows. Allowed AdFree to run long enough to complain about not having root rather than instantly force closing.

Working:
- Palmary Weather Pro

Not Working:
Can you go through your settings in the Orientation Control,and let us know how you have them,maybe i have been doing something wrong this whole time.....

Thanks
I just installed it and here's what i found: using the Orientation Control app that installs doesn't do much of any good. Using the "Orientation Switch" app that also installs with the apk allows you to set it to Landscape mode, which for the mint.com app worked great.
Altair
Android 1.0

Post by Altair »

killer4110 wrote: Can you go through your settings in the Orientation Control,and let us know how you have them,maybe i have been doing something wrong this whole time.....

Thanks
I'm out right now but when I get home I'll look.
danger-rat
Contributor

Post by danger-rat »

killer4110 wrote:Maybe some one can help me here, I downloaded and purchased the App called Orientation Control as Eve79nj mentioned in an earlier post. I have an non-rooted HTC EVO 4G, my question is,how do i get this App on my GTV, I searched the files on my phone, cant find anything, i cant download it from the market on my TV, so i cant figure out how to side load it..................
Use app monster
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

I just want to thank everyone for all the help everyone has given me here in the forums... I have another question,is there any way to get certain apps to open in full screen....

Example.....
Engadget
GeekBeat.TV
Radar Now

when i open them,now that i have figured out how to use Orientation Switch, i can only view these Apps in such a small area within my screen,is there any App to get them Full screen????
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse