Confirmed Working Apps

Talk about apps goes here.
jd567890
Android 1.0

Re: Confirmed Working Apps

Post by jd567890 »

mrandroid wrote:
That's really based on opinion though. What may not make any sense for one person might be useful and make sense for another.
Agreed. Isn't it sad we have to create our own marketplace since Google is too big to get anything done in a reasonable time these days? ;)
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

okay - I created a dropbox account for the purposes of sharing apps that work on gtv. The email is [email protected] and the pw is GTV2011.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

jd567890 wrote:okay - I created a dropbox account for the purposes of sharing apps that work on gtv. The email is [email protected] and the pw is GTV2011.
Ok, i added some APK's,im sure most of you already have them,but ya never know, the one fishnoodle.jumpgate_io.v1.0 is the Google Live wallpaper, it is really cool on the TV,but it was bleeding through to my live TV, maybe you guys will have better luck with it.....
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

I added The Weather Channel app, which has a good widget. Only problem is the severe weather alert notifications that come up while you're watching tv. Anyone know how to remove these?
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

jd567890 wrote:I added The Weather Channel app, which has a good widget. Only problem is the severe weather alert notifications that come up while you're watching tv. Anyone know how to remove these?
There is a check box in the widget settings to turn off notifications...........
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

killer4110 wrote:
jd567890 wrote:I added The Weather Channel app, which has a good widget. Only problem is the severe weather alert notifications that come up while you're watching tv. Anyone know how to remove these?
There is a check box in the widget settings to turn off notifications...........
When I open up settings from the My Places menu, all I see is "Units of Measure", nothing else. I tried installing on my phone, and when I first opened it up it came up with a menu that had several options, including the severe weather alerts. But after closing the app and then re-opening it, the only setting that comes back is the units of measure.
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

jd567890 wrote:
killer4110 wrote:
When I open up settings from the My Places menu, all I see is "Units of Measure", nothing else. I tried installing on my phone, and when I first opened it up it came up with a menu that had several options, including the severe weather alerts. But after closing the app and then re-opening it, the only setting that comes back is the units of measure.
Figured it out. I must have had an outdated version of the app for some reason. I think I found it doing a Google search when I was first looking for apps to install on the gtv, before I figured out how to easily send via my phone. I've taken that apk off of dropbox and replaced it with the most current version, which does let you remove the notifications.

This does bring up a good point though - we have no way of knowing when an update to an app happens.
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

spareparts.apk won't install for me. Anyone else get it to?
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

Skype installs fine from Mobilism Market. Anyone have a workable webcam than can test to see if it can serve as a replacement for the logitech app?
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

I am still trying to find an App that will let me switch to portrait mode...............
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse