LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS

HNF
Android 1.0

Re: Confirmed Working Apps

Post by HNF »

We should try to organize all the applications. There are some duplicates and the folders could be more descriptive.

I added "Google TV - Working" and "Google TV - Testing" folders. Inside of each, I added some sample categories that applications can be placed in.

I think that doing this will be more helpful for finding what you want.

killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

HNF wrote:We should try to organize all the applications. There are some duplicates and the folders could be more descriptive.

I added "Google TV - Working" and "Google TV - Testing" folders. Inside of each, I added some sample categories that applications can be placed in.

I think that doing this will be more helpful for finding what you want.
I have been reading all over the web that EVERYBODY has access to this dropbox account, you can do a search for it on Google, the other forums have the link and password pasted all over the place.

I do not use the dropbox account anymore. :evil:
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse

Discovered
2.2 Froyo
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Discovered »

yeah I also use my own. don't wanna use an account everyone can see and play with
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS

TheCubicleJockey
Android 1.0

Post by TheCubicleJockey »

I see that Ice Stream is in the Working apps folder, has anyone got any of the videos to stream from that app yet?

Theli93
Android 1.0
Location: The valley of "The Meadows", in the land of the "Snow-Capped" mountains, U.S.A.

Post by Theli93 »

killer4110 wrote:
I have been reading all over the web that EVERYBODY has access to this dropbox account, you can do a search for it on Google, the other forums have the link and password pasted all over the place.

I do not use the dropbox account anymore. :evil:
The whole thing appears to be turning into some bukkake fest gone horribly wrong!
All kinds of ¢®@₱ are getting dumped in including .zip files, hijacked videos, etc. It looks like people just dump in whatever they have somewhere, like they're going to get POINTS or CREDITS. (Too bad we cant give Drooling Moron Awards !)

Then considering all the duplicates, and unidentified variant versions as well as valid apks that are freely available in the market (s).

It looks like a good time to bail out, before malware seeps in.

Hacking & side-load experimenting are one thing, but a warez receptacle would be better having its own forum; with links, descriptions & instructions, etc. :twisted:
Logitech Media Server integrated with Music IP Mixer on a fit-PC2 running Ubuntu serving:
Logitech Revue
3× Logitech Squeezebox Duet
1× Logitech Squeezebox Touch
1× Logitech Squeezebox Boom

Theli93
Android 1.0
Location: The valley of "The Meadows", in the land of the "Snow-Capped" mountains, U.S.A.

Post by Theli93 »

And now for something completely different...

Here are my favorite votes for DMAs (Drooling Moron Awards):

#3 Shazam and SoundHound uploaders: your going to use your GTV to identify a song you're hearing somewhere?
#2 Flashlight uploaders: Really... I mean really?
#1 Google Tv Remote uploaders: "It would really be cool to use my GTV to control my GTV!" Eh?!!!
Logitech Media Server integrated with Music IP Mixer on a fit-PC2 running Ubuntu serving:
Logitech Revue

Liam.f
Android 1.0

Post by Liam.f »

Theli93 wrote:And now for something completely different...

#3 Shazam and SoundHound uploaders: your going to use your GTV to identify a song you're hearing somewhere?
#1 Google Tv Remote uploaders: "It would really be cool to use my GTV to control my GTV!" Eh?!!!
for #3 I hope one day shazam does run on my GTV, I want it to identify tracks that appear in adverts.
for #1, the GTV remotes on the android market are location specific, so where would you suggest I get such an app from outside the US ;) its linked on the forums somewhere and as such surely deserves to be on the drop box for users to download? I did not upload either of these apps, simply feel "drooling moron" is a bit strong considering I doubt you have a clue who uploaded those apps.
The flashlight on the other hand.. :P

Maybe its time to treat the dropbox as a place to upload untested apps to then have a separate account only accessible by privileged members who add the confirmed files to the account then post the shareable link in a new thread of confirmed apps. Any files you upload to the untested apps dropbox you state you uploaded in the forum, then users post as they confirm the app as working with how well the app works.
At current we have a mass of apps that are appearing then getting deleted, moved etc. by loads of different users. Theres little or no information about how well the apps work that have been uploaded so it tends to be pretty ugly. simply logon to the website from chrome, navigate to the working apps thread, scroll through and download.

As more apps are added its only going to get more disorganised, best to put down a more controlled and organised layout now than get a month down the line and have 150+apps no one knows whether they work or not.

Theli93
Android 1.0

Post by Theli93 »

Liam.f wrote: for #3 I hope one day shazam does run on my GTV, I want it to identify tracks that appear in adverts.
for #1, the GTV remotes on the android market are location specific, so where would you suggest I get such an app from outside the US ;) its linked on the forums somewhere and as such surely deserves to be on the drop box for users to download? I did not upload either of these apps, simply feel "drooling moron" is a bit strong considering I doubt you have a clue who uploaded those apps.
The flashlight on the other hand.. :P
Hi Liam.
Yes, I understand your points. First, I intended the post primarily as an entertaining diversion in the thread. If someone took the comments too seriously, they can accept my apology (here offered) or claim their award.

Now on to the simple facts; it would be interesting if the sound sampling and identification apps could monitor the audio and/or video stream of whatever you are doing with your GTV, and provide information about that (as long as you're one of those people who don't mind providing even more statistics on your activities). But at present, no versions of those apps have that functionality. Would it do any good to install a app on the GTV that only uses onboard GPS... it just doesn't exist; so what's the point? Yeah, it may run, but it can't do anything other than take up space and use resources (and maybe look nifty).

I can certainly see your point on the Remote Control app. And it is an interesting thought. My personal understanding of this thread from the OP was to find apps that run ON the GTVs, that have not yet been made available in the market. I can see that the app may be of value for the GTV, and some people may not have access to it. However it is moronically useless ON the GTV.
Liam.f wrote: At current we have a mass of apps that are appearing then getting deleted, moved etc. by loads of different users. Theres little or no information about how well the apps work that have been uploaded so it tends to be pretty ugly. simply logon to the website from chrome, navigate to the working apps thread, scroll through and download.

As more apps are added its only going to get more disorganised, best to put down a more controlled and organised layout now than get a month down the line and have 150+apps no one knows whether they work or not.
It appears to me someone has been trying to organize that cluster f...

I've done my part and moved a couple apps I have tested and/or am using, into the working folder under an appropriate classificaton group; as well as giving the file and identifiable name with version. Hopefully others will do likewise, and not just dump their stuff anywhere. But that is probably wishful thinking, like the Shazam issue.

Happy holidays all the same... to everyone.
Logitech Revue

gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

[quote="Theli93"]And now for something completely different...

#1 Google Tv Remote uploaders: "It would really be cool to use my GTV to control my GTV!" Eh?!!![/quote]

well i'm the DM that posted the remote apps in the test folder because someone was having trouble getting to mediafire and this forum has no attachments. I was under the impression the account was for all gtv apps/users not just you and the apps you personally want. Now that i know that, i will gladly pull my stuff off the account. In addition i want to thank you for helping me decide to stop offering my app for free, my next version will be payfor on the market and when people ask why i will send them your way.

Cheers and enjoy your dropbox account.