I am uncertain if you guys follow exploits/exploiters

Trying to further the development of the Android on the Revue? Talk about it hear and document it on the wiki: http://www.wiki.gtvhacker.com

Moderator: Revue Mod

gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Re: I am uncertain if you guys follow exploits/exploiters

Post by gdeeble »

I spoke way too soon, and just forced mine, up because I'm tired of no google play on it. I'm sure the root method will still work with it or that they will have one to root 3.2 though. We'll see what happens. :)
rpadula
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by rpadula »

i've tweeted him and he said that's ok to update, no problems with the root exploit on 3.2
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

Just how soon can we get our hands on this, and see some major break through in development on the revue. :-P Over all though with the 3.2 I'm actually quite please that Logitech fixed their "Junk" and made it where it can read M2TS files again and this time over DLNA along with Google Play working too.
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

rpadula wrote:i've tweeted him and he said that's ok to update, no problems with the root exploit on 3.2
That's good news that the exploit works with 3.2. Only thing left to do is root this thing. Hopefully once we have gotten tp that level, the gtvhackers will be able to crack the bootloader. I know its hard to do. But I've owned many HTC devices that were boot locked and they got cracked. It'd be better if Logitech would release an unlocked bootloadr.

If they aren't going to support the revue anymore, they should open it. Gtvhackers could do amazing things if they were allowed to.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

Any word on a release? It's been a while since the.exploit was found....
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
TWiST
Android 1.0

Post by TWiST »

Excited to see this pan out as well!

After doing a bit of Googling and checking that guys twitter it appears he will be presenting at Defcon and thats the end of July so I doubt we will hear anything about this until then.
aaronb1138
Android 1.0

Post by aaronb1138 »

Maybe we will be very lucky and he will include libhoudini with the exploit and related files.

The Revue is one of the few x86 platforms with proper OpenGL support on Android. This has been the chief problem in the Android x86 world, as very few Atom based GPUs have decent drivers, even for mainline Linux or even Windows. Given the true hardware OpenGL implementation on the Revue, ARM apps like games and such should run blisteringly well on the Revue, possibly in OUYA range given the CPU power of Atom relative to ARM. I need to look up which GPU the Revue has though, as I know Atom implementations vary widely.

[Edit]
Just looked it up, we have the GMA 500... I should rip the graphics drivers from a Revue image and see how they work with Android x86 on my other GMA 500 device. Poor thing has been blowing through battery whenever I try Android x86 running everything software rendered.