List of TV providers - can this be customized ?

Trying to further the development of the Android on the Revue? Talk about it hear and document it on the wiki: http://www.wiki.gtvhacker.com

Moderator: Revue Mod

gunnar-mobimation
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

List of TV providers - can this be customized ?

Post by gunnar-mobimation »

Hi, I try to adapt the Revue for use in Sweden. Having the box interact with my IP television box (swedish operator specific) was straightforward and the Revue can control audio, channel selection of the STB. But, during setup of "Lineup Provider" in the Google TV "Device Settings" the list of operators only covers the U.S market it seems and it is only possible to specify one of the listed entries. What is specify here does seem to affect the naming of stations allocated to channel numbers. So the mapping of channel numbers to actual channels do not match my needs. Is there a way to customize this provider list and add own entries that reflect the actual channel layout for a specific operator ? Being forced to choose another operator in the settings than the actual one has consequences for the TV & Movies app which will list programs that is not available in my country. When I select one of them the STB will switch to a channel number that carries another program as available locally. It seems that app can somehow find info on what operator has been selected in the Google TV settings and generate listings based on this.
sug83
Android 1.0

Re: List of TV providers - can this be customized ?

Post by sug83 »

I am also interested in this one, I am from Poland.
Topfar
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: List of TV providers - can this be customized ?

Post by Topfar »

Hi, to all, first post. I would also love if someone could find a way to do this.