attempting to flash back to user debug from OTA. for science

Trying to further the development of the Android on the Revue? Talk about it hear and document it on the wiki: http://www.wiki.gtvhacker.com

Moderator: Revue Mod

havikx
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

attempting to flash back to user debug from OTA. for science

Post by havikx »

will let you guys know in a few minutes after i try to reboot into recovery 1000 times. stupid adb shell reboot recovery option is gone. doh! it was so much easier.

EDIT: ok...so... i need some1 verify this for me. it would appear that you can not access recovery options in this recovery. i booted into recovery twice....both times it wiped data and cache.... but didn't give me options to flash from usb. i don't think i missed anything. am i supposed to press anything while it it wipes everything? is flash from usb gone?

i'm gonna be really upset if they took out the flash from usb feature from this recovery. this would...essentially, cripple what ever chance of going back to user debug.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Re: attempting to flash back to user debug from OTA. for sci

Post by gottahavit »

i'm sure they did since it was removed frome userdebug as well. we had to flash the uneutered recovery to get to the update.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

Yes, maybe if you can connect with adb and reflash the unneutered recovery, then you could maybe reflash the userdebug. but dont blame me.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

Discovered wrote:Yes, maybe if you can connect with adb and reflash the unneutered recovery, then you could maybe reflash the userdebug. but dont blame me.
literally, the only thing i can do anymore in adb is connect. once i connect to it...nothing works.

can some1 try to bring up the recovery menu? for science? i swear, they took out all there recovery options. you can only boot to recovery, it'll wipe /data and /cache. all your apps will come back. i can not figure out a way to bring up the recovery menu.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums