wifi connection

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

frelesxy
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

wifi connection

Post by frelesxy »

For awhile now I've been wanting WiFi connection on my PC, thus I can receive internet on my Wii as well as my iPod Touch. How would I go about attaining WiFi Connection? Is there a specific router I can buy, how much would that cost? Or do I have to go and change my whole Internet Service Provider, which is next to impossible.
Last edited by frelesxy on Thu May 17, 2012 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbloggs
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: wifi connection

Post by jbloggs »

You need a Router with wireless capability. There are many different makes and models out there ranging from as low as $20 to several hundred dollars depending on your needs, such Gigabit ports, dual band capability, usb port, built-in print server, etc. Some of the well know brands are Linksys/Cisco, Netgear, Dlink, TrendNet, Asus, Belkin, etc. I believe Cisco has a model of Routers called Valet that are aimed at non-techy people for easy setup. Just remember to setup the wireless security (this ability is built into the router and just needs to be setup. for example wpa2 is the type of security to use) to prevent people hacking into you network. I hope that helps a little.

Example:

http://www.staples.com/Cisco-Valet-Plus ... -nr_857081