system apps will not update on 3.1 ... help please

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

bwilksyo
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

system apps will not update on 3.1 ... help please

Post by bwilksyo »

I updated to 3.1 manually from the userdebug way back when it first came out. no other issues. but now all my system apps will not update. Apps like: tv and movies, the new youtube release, and the photos app. I've tried rebooting, I just did a factory reset, i've tried clearing data from the "manage apps" in settings.

I'm running out of options. All other apps download and update just fine for me. ive got a bunch of sideloaded apps up and running

I know others are having problems with the youtube update specifically but I haven't noyicd anyone having problems with all these system apps

If no one has any fixes I was wondering if someone could do me a favor and possible use Astro or another app to back up those 3 apps and maybe send them to me (or put them on dropbox) and I could try sideloading them. I cant find them anywhere.

thanks
bwilksyo
Android 1.0

Re: system apps will not update on 3.1 ... help please

Post by bwilksyo »

oh yeah. I'm on the official release now
logitech revue
bwilksyo
Android 1.0

Post by bwilksyo »

killer4110 thanks for the help

I the only one that worked was the nba app.
all others still did not install.

just got off the phone with customer support and they are saying it looks like this is an issue with all revues (which doesn't add up) but google is working on a fix right now
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake

Post by Jarhead »

If the update button doesn't work just hit the "info" (or overview or whatever it says that takes you into the more info of the app) then click the install button and it should work.
bwilksyo
Android 1.0

Post by bwilksyo »

updating, or installing from "see details" or sideloading the apks do not work for me (with these specific system apps). no matter what I do. I saw that on another forum that there is a difference, for now, between updating and installing. I tried both and they get the same results, at least for me.

Kinda funny while on the phone with logitech support the guy had a revue in front of him and one at home. on the unit at his home he was getting that "install was unsuccessful". on the unit with home he was getting "app not compatible"
but both his units would not install the same udpates i'm trying to install
bartnyogi
Android 1.0

Post by bartnyogi »

I have the same issue on both my Revue's. One of them has always been kept stock. The other had the user debug build, then updated manually to 3.1 stock. This pretty much sucks.
hmanxx
Android 1.0

Post by hmanxx »

Any update on this.. my unit did manual update to 3.1 from userdebug..now also suffer the same problem.

First ,cant get pre-built app updated..now cant market to update..
The market app stuck at 'Updating"..forever.
soldierblade
Android 1.0

Post by soldierblade »

I've got the same problem and story. Updated manually from user debug to ota. Can't get any system apps to update and now the update for market is stuck. I've been assuming that there's something a little off about the "official" update that's on this forum that maybe causes a signing problem when installing the stuff like YouTube and tv&movies but I guess maybe that's wrong. I was hoping that this market update some of us are seeing would fix it, but that appears to be going nowhere too. So what's going on here?
jTV
Android 1.0

Post by jTV »

So we all have no market. Sucks. What if we sideload? Are those apk available somewhere?
jTV
Android 1.0

Post by jTV »

Okay this is bad, sideloading is not working either for system apps. what are we supposed to do ?
where are the hackers? please help.