system apps will not update on 3.1 ... help please

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

soldierblade
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: system apps will not update on 3.1 ... help please

Post by soldierblade »

killer4110 wrote:
soldierblade wrote:
killer4110 wrote:I have a Revue that i flashed the upgrade on and i have no issues with any apps installing or updating.
At any point did it have the user-debug leaks installed or did you upgrade straight from eclair?
Yep, i had user-debug installed :D
Well that's interesting. I wonder what could be different about the rom you flashed and the one the rest of us flashed. If its not that, then the signing issue may have something to do with our serial numbers, or there's some other sort of shenanigans going on here that I'm not aware of. I'd certainty be interested in flashing again if it would help.
soldierblade
Android 1.0

Post by soldierblade »

Apparently there were two different update.zip files posted by zenofex, four days apart with the newer one detailed in an update to the OP. "Update .zip has changed a bit, updated versions of a few apps with same build number."

I'm going to try flashing the newer one because I believe I may have flashed the original on day one and never gave it any thought afterwards, so these "updated apps" may be the solution.

Edit: Never mind, apparently this stupid thing doesn't have a usable recovery mode anymore. So I guess I cant flash a stinking thing if I wanted to or not. I wonder how many pieces this POS would shatter into if I threw it into a slab of concrete?
coggy9
Android 1.0

Post by coggy9 »

soldierblade wrote:Apparently there were two different update.zip files posted by zenofex, four days apart with the newer one detailed in an update to the OP. "Update .zip has changed a bit, updated versions of a few apps with same build number."

I'm going to try flashing the newer one because I believe I may have flashed the original on day one and never gave it any thought afterwards, so these "updated apps" may be the solution.

Edit: Never mind, apparently this stupid thing doesn't have a usable recovery mode anymore. So I guess I cant flash a stinking thing if I wanted to or not. I wonder how many pieces this POS would shatter into if I threw it into a slab of concrete?
I think you can flash an update, but the zip needs to be moved to the internal /sdcard or /tmp(Which needs root >.>). I'm going work on flashing this fixed update somehow when I'm home
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

I think the recovery itself it locked, until it is unlocked you cannot update via zip files
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS