system apps will not update on 3.1 ... help please

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

coggy9
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: system apps will not update on 3.1 ... help please

Post by coggy9 »

I am having the same problem. I looked at logcat with DDMS and it's saying that the new apks are not signed correctly(aka different keys). So unless we get root and /system R/W, or Logitech/Google pushes a quick patch that replaces the apks in /system, there is NO WAY to update these apps.
soldierblade
Android 1.0

Post by soldierblade »

I just want to make sure I have this right. This issue is not just unique to those of us who installed the user debug nd later flashed the OTA, but also those who remained stock as well?
jTV
Android 1.0

Post by jTV »

Stock units are you just fine. I flashed the OTA and am having this problem. The only workaround so far is to access Google play from the browser and then send the application you want to install to your unit. The problem is that I haven't found a way to uninstall applications, and this only works for non-system applications.

I hope somebody finds a better solution.
soldierblade
Android 1.0

Post by soldierblade »

Sounds to me like we need to find the reason behind the signing problem. I wonder if the recovery is causing the problem? I'm half tempted to just toss this sucker out the window and go buy a roku.
bwilksyo
Android 1.0

Post by bwilksyo »

I thought also that the issue was with only units that have been modded in some way, until I called logitech and googles customer support. Back when this issue first started, they each had test boxes at their facility and they got the same issues. And I doubt they've used the same processess that we have. It seems like they just f'd up, they both said that engeneers where hard at work fixing it. I say they bundle the fix with the logitech 3.2 and just snd it and make everybody happy. In a world perfect
jTV
Android 1.0

Post by jTV »

bwilksyo wrote:I thought also that the issue was with only units that have been modded in some way, until I called logitech and googles customer support. Back when this issue first started, they each had test boxes at their facility and they got the same issues. And I doubt they've used the same processess that we have. It seems like they just f'd up, they both said that engeneers where hard at work fixing it. I say they bundle the fix with the logitech 3.2 and just snd it and make everybody happy. In a world perfect
I have three units, one stock which has no issues, and two to which I flashed the upgrade and which are having the issues reported in this thread. Maybe coincidence...?
soldierblade
Android 1.0

Post by soldierblade »

Yeah I'm pretty sure our previously modified units are FUBAR until a modder/developer/hacker takes notice of our plight and figures out a fix for this, which may not ever happen given the lack of interest. I would dig into it myself if I understood it better.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

I have a Revue that i flashed the upgrade on and i have no issues with any apps installing or updating.
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
soldierblade
Android 1.0

Post by soldierblade »

killer4110 wrote:I have a Revue that i flashed the upgrade on and i have no issues with any apps installing or updating.
At any point did it have the user-debug leaks installed or did you upgrade straight from eclair?
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

soldierblade wrote:
killer4110 wrote:I have a Revue that i flashed the upgrade on and i have no issues with any apps installing or updating.
At any point did it have the user-debug leaks installed or did you upgrade straight from eclair?
Yep, i had user-debug installed :D
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse