Revue user root no longer root and other weirdness

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Anon4495
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Revue user root no longer root and other weirdness

Post by Anon4495 »

I am running KA2X-20111123.091818.user-b61925. I got it as what looked like an ota update, before I applied it the system was unstable but still had Chrome and Market working. Now, there is no superuser app and no su in the /system/bin directory (adb does work, just no root, did not try this before, was trying to do the HC recovery fix, so I assume su should be there, as I said, did not try adb before the update). I no longer have Chrome and Market does not open, just shows a blank screen. I also can not get into recovery to wipe /data and /cashe, it shows the Google TV logo for a split second then just keeps going, no bar, nothing. The system is much more stable now, but I would kinda like the HC recovery fix. Any idea what borked?

EDIT: I think I made a lot of assumptions I should not have. I could have swore I had superuser app before I updated, but its not there. I figured out how to get into recovery, PEBKAC. Now that I reset it, Chrome is now back and the market works, but I still cant get the HC recovery fix to work, when I do "adb root" it tells me you cannot run as root in production builds, still reading up on that.

EDIT 2: As Zenofex said here
If you are on 61925 then you are just stuck at the moment (as there is no root and the recovery is "crippled", there is nothing atm you can do).
It seams I am screwed at the moment. Has any progress been made on helping those of us in this situation, OTA and neutered recovery?