"TV & Movies" app not changing channels properly

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

elwray
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

"TV & Movies" app not changing channels properly

Post by elwray »

I recently installed a Logitech Revue, and it seems to be working properly except for one thing.

When using the TV & Movies app, if I select a currently playing program it appears that the channel signal sequence isn't being sent properly.

For instance, when selecting something playing on channel 204, the signal appears to be much too slow and results in changing to channel 20, then channel 4. Sometimes it will go to channel 2, and the guide will open.

I attempted to change the delay settings in the TV Source menu, but this appears to make no difference at all.

I believe the signal is getting to the cable box just fine, since I can manually change 3-digit channels with the Revue keyboard remote just fine.

Any ideas?
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: "TV & Movies" app not changing channels properly

Post by killer4110 »

elwray wrote:I recently installed a Logitech Revue, and it seems to be working properly except for one thing.

When using the TV & Movies app, if I select a currently playing program it appears that the channel signal sequence isn't being sent properly.

For instance, when selecting something playing on channel 204, the signal appears to be much too slow and results in changing to channel 20, then channel 4. Sometimes it will go to channel 2, and the guide will open.

I attempted to change the delay settings in the TV Source menu, but this appears to make no difference at all.

I believe the signal is getting to the cable box just fine, since I can manually change 3-digit channels with the Revue keyboard remote just fine.

Any ideas?
I had the same problem, it is in your settings somewhere, you can control and set the time in between the key strokes.
I am looking right now, but i believe it is in the initial set-up.

I will keep looking..
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
elwray
Android 1.0

Post by elwray »

I was actually playing with those settings. What I found was in the main settings > TV Source > (select device) > Adjust Delay.

I see you're in NJ as well... out of curiosity, what service provider and equipment do you have?
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

elwray wrote:I was actually playing with those settings. What I found was in the main settings > TV Source > (select device) > Adjust Delay.

I see you're in NJ as well... out of curiosity, what service provider and equipment do you have?
I have DirecTV, it is either them or Comcast, so it is a lose,lose situation for me.......
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
elwray
Android 1.0

Post by elwray »

Yep, I'm using Comcast. Though we did just get Fios in our area.

Still not sure what's going on with the channel changing after reviewing the delay adjustments. Even on the shortest delay settings, it's still sending multiple short bursts. When shooting for 204, I'll get channel 2. Then 20. Then 4.
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

elwray wrote:Yep, I'm using Comcast. Though we did just get Fios in our area.

Still not sure what's going on with the channel changing after reviewing the delay adjustments. Even on the shortest delay settings, it's still sending multiple short bursts. When shooting for 204, I'll get channel 2. Then 20. Then 4.
Are you using the IR Blaster, are you too far from the Device??

Fios is available in every town that surrounds me, but being i live right next to a college, they said it will take at-least 5 years for me to get Fios :evil:
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
elwray
Android 1.0

Post by elwray »

I'm not using the IR blaster right now, but I've tried with it and it doesn't seem to make any difference. It's odd - even with the delay set to the shortest, it's still acting very weird. Tried to have it change to channel 339 with the shortest possible delay: it changes to 33, then after a few seconds it goes to channel 9.
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

elwray wrote:I'm not using the IR blaster right now, but I've tried with it and it doesn't seem to make any difference. It's odd - even with the delay set to the shortest, it's still acting very weird. Tried to have it change to channel 339 with the shortest possible delay: it changes to 33, then after a few seconds it goes to channel 9.
Can you try it with a different cable box?
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
elwray
Android 1.0

Post by elwray »

No, that's the only cable box we have. I'm thinking it's a problem with the Logitech device. There's no reason it should be bringing up the channel guide intermittently when attempting to change the channel. And it's very inconsistent with how it's sending the signals it seems. I'll contact Logitech... this is a bummer since the guide features were one of the biggest selling points to me...
elwray
Android 1.0

Post by elwray »

Well, I don't know what happened but the Revue just randomly rebooted, and now it is working just fine. I guess I should have considered this device more as a computer than an AV receiver, and followed the first rule - when all else fails, reboot!