Bricked Revue With Triangle Logo and "!" ? Read this

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

superomed
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Bricked Revue With Triangle Logo and "!" ? Read this

Post by superomed »

Dear zenofex

Would you please PM me how to send my bricked Revue to you?

Thanks
spurf
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by spurf »

safranek wrote:
zenofex wrote: It looks like to me that your /system partition (mtd9) is corrupt. You will either need to find a way to allow the box to fsck itself (in which case I'm willing to bet your box will no longer be bricked and you wont need this fix). Or you will need a nand programmer to reflash that partition.

I've mentioned this in the past in what seems to be in every one of my replies, this un-brick method is only for users who attempted to upgrade to UserDebug or 61925 WITHOUT having installed 55579. If you are experiencing a brick as a result of a power outage or corrupt flash after performing an upgrade you will want to visit:
http://forum.gtvhacker.com/troubleshoot ... ic162.html

If you choose to do this anyway you A.) void your warranty B.) risk permanently damaging your box C.) End up in the same spot as before you tried this particular fix. It is only intended for users who have a brick as a result of upgrading to UserDebug (58801) or OTA (61925) without having originally installed 55579.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Ok...

In that case if I dare desoldering the flash, is there a dump available of the NAND flash?
I mean a full dump that I could program into the flash.
I guess it's not possible without removing the flash like in circuit programming, right?

Thanks.

And I assume the system resides on the 1 Gbyte flash (the K9F8G08U0M)?
I have the same error using the above guide. Logitech isn't helping me with the warranty as I am outside the USA and so had nothing to lose by trying. My brick was caused by the power being pulled during the OTA update process.

Anyone had any luck finding out how to get the Revue to fsck itself?
lilc09
Android 1.0

Post by lilc09 »

dapanix
Android 1.0

Post by dapanix »

Hi,
the procedure to stop with triangle white. The keyboard usb reboot it's ok.

Below my log.txt:
Failed to mount /dev/block/mtdblock9 on /mnt/system: invalid argument
mtd mount of system failed: invalid argument
script aborted : file_getprop: failed to stat "/mnt/system/build.pro": no such file or directory
fiel getprop: failed to stat "/mnt/system/build.prop": no such file or directory
E: error in /tmp/update.zip

(status 7)
installation aborted.recovery filesystem table 1 /data/chrome ext3 /dev/disk/by-topology/internal-usb0-part2 (null) 0

thanks

help me.. thank you!