Revue Bricked after 3.1 update?

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Kruger
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Revue Bricked after 3.1 update?

Post by Kruger »

Hi everyone, (new to this forum)

I followed the steps on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AgfLK9Q7ms) on how to install the new honeycomb version. I ran the setup and ran into a couple of problems ("device could not be mounted...." and then "signature verification failed"). Eventually got past all of that and the update.zip packaged installed.

After the reboot it went to the normal Revue screen and now I see a triangle with an exclamation mark in it. I've tried factory reset but doesn't work. My keyboard (wireless and USB) have also been disabled so I can't enter recovery mode again?

Please help - what should I do?

Bricked :?:
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Re: Revue Bricked after 3.1 update?

Post by MStrawder »

Disconnect everything from the Revue except the USB stick containing the update file and try recovery again. Remember that the key sequence is different to enter recovery after the first update. It's ALT-L now. If you can get in there again, try to reflash.
Kruger
Android 1.0

Post by Kruger »

Houston... We have a problem?

I tried everything I can to get back into recovery mode but the keyboard is not recognizing any op the "fn LEFT" or "alt L" commands. I think my device is officially been bricked. I think I went to the latest version of Honeycomd from version 2.0 - didnt do the step in between...

Is there any way i can ssh or telnet to the device to do another kind of hard reset or something? I really want my GTV back.... I'll appreciate any help/ideas on how to fix it.
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Post by MStrawder »

That part is a bit beyond my expertise, but I believe you would need to have done the hardware root initially. After the first software update from Logitech, the UART port loophole was closed.
hoochster
Android 1.0

Post by hoochster »

I bricked mine too while trying the update.zip without realizing I needed to have a previous Debug version on. My bad for not reading and jumping in! :) But don't fret, I have a feeling the GTVHacker guys will post something fairly soon of a working process to un-brick. It worked on mine. And now I am up and running the update and loving it. Thanks so much go out to Zenofex and the rest of the GTVHacker team for all their efforts.
resno
The Green One

Post by resno »

I am not sure if this meets your situation but, you can look here http://forum.gtvhacker.com/troubleshoot ... ic404.html
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::