New Logitech Revue - Problems! help please

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Valter.VX
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

New Logitech Revue - Problems! help please

Post by Valter.VX »

Hi! I just bought a logitech revue and was looking foward to set it up at my house but i am struggling with some issues.. if anyone can help me i would appreciate

1- When i am on hdmi 1 on my tv, watching google tv and i change to hdmi 2 or other or, even, turning the tv off and on again, the hdmi 1 shows a fullscreen grey image instead of the google tv. I have to reset the logitech for it to work again. The TV is a samsung.

2- And most important issue, i am form Portugal and i am using a fiber optics tv service provider: Meo and i am connecting my hd dvr Meo box via hdmi to the logitech input (instead of connecting directly to my tv, as it was) and i just don't get any image when setting up my tv source. I know, as i am in portugal, i won't be able to use the search features as some other features but it should, at least, show the image directly. does anyone have an idea of what can be happening?

Thanks a lot in advance!
resno
The Green One

Re: New Logitech Revue - Problems! help please

Post by resno »

Have you connected it up correctly?
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
Valter.VX
Android 1.0

Post by Valter.VX »

hi! yes, everything is ok.. i managed to get the image from the box to the revue 2 times now but don't know how i did that because i didn't changed any cable.. and both times the tv image from the box were ok, when turning the tv off and on again ou changing between hdmis the screen turned grey, restart revue, the revue appears again but not the tv image.. i've tryed to change cables and even updated my tv firmware..
NZ Buc
Android 1.0

Post by NZ Buc »

I'm in New Zealand so know what you mean. I have the identical issue with Honeycomb (both unofficial releases here).

The issue is to do with the HDMI handshake from the tv (I too have a samsung - and have no other brand to tst). Turn your set top box off and then your revue should work correctly, I unfortunately have to restart the set top box whenever I change channels on my TV (to my xbox), or turn it off. An annoying workaround, but it works. This could be related to us both living in PAL territories, where they went with 1080P 50Hz instead of the superior 60Hz.

The 2.1 release worked fine, so I'm hoping this is rectified in 3.1's official release (I also don't get sound passed through on 3.1 either, so have to connect my STB to an AVR to listen to TV).
Valter.VX
Android 1.0

Post by Valter.VX »

I tried on another tv, a sony, and the problem was still there.. so that leaves the revue or the stb.. tried to connect the laptop to the revue and the revue to the tv and it works great all the time! so the problem is, in fact, from the stb.. now i can't see why it isn't working.. i found another guy from portugal with the same stb connected to his revue and working just fine.. :(
NZ Buc
Android 1.0

Post by NZ Buc »

Are you on honeycomb, and is he on the older os? Mine worked fine until updating to a honeycomb build
NZ Buc
Android 1.0

Post by NZ Buc »

(and laptops output at 60hz, and I'm assuming your stb is like mine and outputs at 50hz)
Valter.VX
Android 1.0

Post by Valter.VX »

i am on the old OS.. stock..
about the Hz, i read people talking about that issue related with other situations like this but guy has the same dvr box and it works.. it's strange..
Valter.VX
Android 1.0

Post by Valter.VX »

hey my friend NZ Buc! after trying a lot of things i read that, in our stb, we can turn it off/on on the back side button (cutting the power). and doing that 4 times (off -> on -> when stb screen says "initializing" -> off -> on .......) this 4 times and it begana restore process.. i got it working.. i changed channels and even turn the tv off and on and, for now, it is working.. i'll see now within the next days is everything stays ok :) thanks for your help
NZ Buc
Android 1.0

Post by NZ Buc »

Glad you got it working - hopefully once we get the official update we don't have these bugs :)