Insane amount of crashes (3.1 UserDebug)

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

mechadude
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Insane amount of crashes (3.1 UserDebug)

Post by mechadude »

So I updated my Revue to the Honeycomb beta, then to the UserDebug version (one after the other of course, on the same day since I heard UserDebug has Netflix.) It's been working pretty well for weeks, probably a month.

Recently though, 5 days ago I think, I watched a Flash video no the Discovery channel's website and it crashed suddenly, it rebooted I was able to watch it though, but in the following days (and hours) after that it's been freezing and crashing repeatedly, probably a crash every 20 or so minutes. When this happens the TV feed will just freeze, suddenly go back, and then you see the Logitech Revue logo appear, then the new red GTV logo and back to normal, until the next crash.
Is there anything I can do? Is this pretty much bricked? I can provide a lot more info, if anyone has questions. Thanks in advance, guys.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Insane amount of crashes (3.1 UserDebug)

Post by killer4110 »

Have you tried doing a factory reset?
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
towboy123
1.5 Cupcake

Post by towboy123 »

My buddies Revue does the same thing he has it unplugged till the OTA can be applied.

Mine was really stable but has since been very finicky I can still use mine but it really doesnt like seeing IR commands
mechadude
Android 1.0

Post by mechadude »

killer4110 wrote:Have you tried doing a factory reset?
Haven't tried that yet, but will tonight probably. Forgot all about that!

@Towboy123, Mines been stable too. The only problem (it's really been starting to bug me, actually) whenever I hide the home menu, my Cable Box skips to live, so if I'm watching something on my DVR and want to use my Google TV's features, it'll stop playing what I'm watching and go to Live TV as soon as I exit any GTV menus.
towboy123
1.5 Cupcake

Post by towboy123 »

mechadude wrote:
killer4110 wrote:Have you tried doing a factory reset?
Haven't tried that yet, but will tonight probably. Forgot all about that!

@Towboy123, Mines been stable too. The only problem (it's really been starting to bug me, actually) whenever I hide the home menu, my Cable Box skips to live, so if I'm watching something on my DVR and want to use my Google TV's features, it'll stop playing what I'm watching and go to Live TV as soon as I exit any GTV menus.

This can be solved in the customize controller screen by removing the STBs Live TV command from the Live TV button. This way it will only send the GTV Live TV Command.
If you are using Dish Integration this cannot be done
mechadude
Android 1.0

Post by mechadude »

towboy123 wrote: This can be solved in the customize controller screen by removing the STBs Live TV command from the Live TV button. This way it will only send the GTV Live TV Command.
If you are using Dish Integration this cannot be done
That worked, thanks!
Also, I tried resetting to factory defaults, worked for a bit besides some internet connection issues, then it startd restarting again.

EDIT: No fixes for this yet? Well I guess my Revue will be going out of the living room for a while unless the OTA update will end up helping. Time to start looking for an Apple TV.