Got DLNA running, but plays wrong audio track for mkv files

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Sandlotje
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Got DLNA running, but plays wrong audio track for mkv files

Post by Sandlotje »

After a few hours of frustration, I finally got DLNA working with my Revue. My setup: I have an exteral hard drive hooked up to a laptop. The laptop and the Revue are both connected via ethernet to a powerline ethernet adapter that is connected to a wireless router.

Here is a diagram

I've been backing up my Blu Ray to mkv files using MKVMaker and I've been keeping most of the audio tracks that are in english. When I go to play the mkv file on the revue, it plays the narrated audio track that narrates everything in addition to the original audio track. How do I get the narration off? It does not do this when I play the file in windows media player on the pc. Any insight? I'm using serviio because it is the only one that lets me see the files on the external hdd (I've tried TVersity, TVmobili, playon, and windows media player server).
Sandlotje
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Got DLNA running, but plays wrong audio track for mkv fi

Post by Sandlotje »

Well I figured it out to the best of my abilities... perhaps there is a more efficient way but I have yet to learn it. Turns out it's called Descriptive Video Service (or DVS) and apparently in the mkv file, there were two English audio files -- one with and one without DVS. I could not find a way to turn it off or change the language with Serviio so I had to demux the movie to separate the audio from the video, then deselect the audio file I did not want, then remux to re-join the audio and video file into mkv format. Pain in the butt, but I hope it helps anyone in a similar situation.

I wouldn't have had to do that, except that somehow some way the audio track with the DVS was made the default audio track. So freaking annoying. Sure enough, when I hooked up the external HDD directly to the TV via USB, the TV had the option to change the language to the one without DVS. If anyone can tell me a better way or different experience, please let me know. :)
txyaloo
Android 1.0

Re: Got DLNA running, but plays wrong audio track for mkv fi

Post by txyaloo »

The stock Logitech Media Player is dumb and will not allow you to change audio tracks in an MKV. What you did is about the best option.

Hopefully when HC finally launches, someone will release a better media player that does subs, DTS, and track switching.