Missing 'Tab Browser' Feature on User Debug

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

PUME04
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Missing 'Tab Browser' Feature on User Debug

Post by PUME04 »

Not sure if this belongs here or in general discussion. The original build had a function similar to windows tab browser. You could bring it up switch between running apps and close them if desired. I have not been able to find this feature in the user debug. I suppose the closest equivalent is opening the notification window and selecting recent apps? Is this correct or does anyone know how to initiate the 'tab browser' feature.
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Re: Missing 'Tab Browser' Feature on User Debug

Post by cj_000 »

Not sure if this is what your talking about, but did you try hitting ALT+Tab ? Of course, it will only work if you have multiple items open.
PUME04
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Missing 'Tab Browser' Feature on User Debug

Post by PUME04 »

That is it. I suppose that should have been the first thing I tried. I was in the habit of accessing it through the search bar without the keyboard shortcut before my update. It looks like that option has been removed. I also liked having the ability to kill any screens from the tab browser. I suppose this new system is more inline with android (android knows best and will manage processes on its own). I realize the ability to kill processes can still be accessed via applications in settings, but that is a little cumbersome. Hopefully with the release of the stable update, it won't be as necessary to kill processes.