Weirdness with programming buttons?

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

IPvFletch
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Weirdness with programming buttons?

Post by IPvFletch »

Anyone else having issues with programming their buttons?

If you go into Settings > Input > Keyboard, it lets you reprogram the buttons.

No matter what I do, and it was like this on the original GoogleTV OS and now also the Honeycomb 3.1 ROM, basically the Channel Up/Down buttons won't work. I also had issues programming the input buttons last time but it worked on Honeycomb so I'm content now. But I'd like to be able to change the channel up/down. I used the built-in code and also did a IR reprogramming and it saves it just fine, but it still won't work. Volume up/down on the TV works with the keyboard though, so I don't get it!

Anyone else know of any tricks to fix this kind of stuff??

Thanks!
:ugeek:
IPvFletch
Android 1.0

Re: Weirdness with programming buttons?

Post by IPvFletch »

It turns out with the Cable STB it is resolved. It's like even though the commands were explicitly for the TV, it's like the TV ignored only those commands but not volume, etc... Or it disabled them cuz there's no STB. I dunno. With the Cable STB it is fixed though.

Also, I found out that if you add the channels to your HOME SCREEN (not just Favorites) then it will add some kind of "null" shortcut. This causes the Home screen/all apps screen to crash. So basically you have to factory reset. Just FYI!!
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

IPvFletch wrote:It turns out with the Cable STB it is resolved. It's like even though the commands were explicitly for the TV, it's like the TV ignored only those commands but not volume, etc... Or it disabled them cuz there's no STB. I dunno. With the Cable STB it is fixed though.

Also, I found out that if you add the channels to your HOME SCREEN (not just Favorites) then it will add some kind of "null" shortcut. This causes the Home screen/all apps screen to crash. So basically you have to factory reset. Just FYI!!

I found that out the hard way........
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
IPvFletch
Android 1.0

Post by IPvFletch »

As did I... LOL!! :D
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

Does anyone know of a way to keep my Tv buttons programmed in android, but have my volume up/ volume control contol the android volume? I want my Google tv remote to turn the TV on/off and be able to switch inputs on the tv but keep the volume buttons controlling the system volume, the reason I ask is, I have an old old audio receiver which must be controlled manually, the volume on my TV has no effect on the audio receiver BUT the android system volume changes the volume levels before it reaches my receiver... just need a way to change the system volume with the controller volume buttons, going into system setting to change the volume isn't feasible, that and I don't really want to get up to turn the knob to control the volume.

Any help would be great, thanks. And I'm on the userdebug honeycomb release