My revue can not reboot

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

tolu24
Android 1.0

Re: My revue can not reboot

Post by tolu24 »

I installed Honeycomb 3.1 on my Logitech Revue(1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579) but, after access in recovery and install update.zip, out error installation aborted failed to stat build.pro.
install/sdcard........
finding update packege.......
opening update pacckage.........
installing update.......
file_getprop: failed to stat /mnt/system/build.prop
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
I tried flash release Honeycomb 3.1 but go only error.

Thanks
resno
The Green One
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by resno »

tolu24 wrote:I installed Honeycomb 3.1 on my Logitech Revue(1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579) but, after access in recovery and install update.zip, out error installation aborted failed to stat build.pro.
install/sdcard........
finding update packege.......
opening update pacckage.........
installing update.......
file_getprop: failed to stat /mnt/system/build.prop
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
I tried flash release Honeycomb 3.1 but go only error.

Thanks
Do not spam multiple posts, you have been warned.
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
DaveLinger
Android 1.0

Post by DaveLinger »

I'm having the same issue. Placed update.zip in the root dir of a freshly formatted fat32 drive, and started the update process. About a third of the way through the progress bar, it reset and landed on the gray exclamation mark screen, then reset, and now it's in brick mode where all it will do is show the Logitech Revue logo.
Andreslopezg
Android 1.0

Post by Andreslopezg »

Help me please :-( mi revue is dead... solution please.....

I tried all the methods explained and I can not lift my team.

With which version of firmware should I try?

( he intentado todo los metodos explicados y no logro levantar mi equipo.

Con que version de firmware debo de intentar ? )

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllll meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-( :-( :-( :-(
catchnsk
Android 1.0

Post by catchnsk »

I tried Ben's method, it worked but I had only hdmi out plugged in to my TV. I did not had HDMI in.
I was using the usb port near the ethernet port. As ben said I was tapping the reset button. I think when I tried tapping the button once it did not recognize, I was tapping it couple of times. it worked.
Andreslopezg
Android 1.0

Post by Andreslopezg »

catchnsk wrote:I tried Ben's method, it worked but I had only hdmi out plugged in to my TV. I did not had HDMI in.
I was using the usb port near the ethernet port. As ben said I was tapping the reset button. I think when I tried tapping the button once it did not recognize, I was tapping it couple of times. it worked.
Please repeat me the step one for one.. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeseee and what vs. firmware used please ??? THANK'SSSSSSSSSS
catchnsk
Android 1.0

Post by catchnsk »

I was running ..user-debug leak in my revue... that is mp-signed-ota_update-b58801.15d88c27-t.zip ( 176,303 KB). I had the east cost snow storm and the power was down for almost a week. When I switched on the revue.. it was always having the google tv logo page.. I was trying for about a week .. and was frustrated.. after that I found the ben's method and it worked.

Here is what I did in order for my revue to go to recover mode.

1) formatted my pen drive as fat 32
2) download the fresh ( first ) 3.1 update file.. from the internet which was named as 1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579.zip ( 155,182 kb)
3) placed the first 3.1 update file on the pen drive as update.zip
4) extracted all the files on the pen drive into the root folder with winzip
5) unplugged power (i did had hdmi out and ir blaster plugged in and did not had hdmi in)
6) placed the pen drive in the usb port nearest to Ethernet port
7) plug power in
8) count one mississippi then push the connect button. just push it once and let go, ( I was getting a click sound) and seems my timing was not correct, so I tapped the button again ( i was getting a click sound). this time my system seems have recognized.
9) sit back and relax as it will show the flash screen (logitech revue) then go black, and should show the update bar)
Andreslopezg
Android 1.0

Post by Andreslopezg »

Under this method does not work. ..??/ any alternative I've tried everything and nothing. please help.
turge
Android 1.0

Post by turge »

catchnsk wrote:I was running ..user-debug leak in my revue... that is mp-signed-ota_update-b58801.15d88c27-t.zip ( 176,303 KB). I had the east cost snow storm and the power was down for almost a week. When I switched on the revue.. it was always having the google tv logo page.. I was trying for about a week .. and was frustrated.. after that I found the ben's method and it worked.

Here is what I did in order for my revue to go to recover mode.

1) formatted my pen drive as fat 32
2) download the fresh ( first ) 3.1 update file.. from the internet which was named as 1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579.zip ( 155,182 kb)
3) placed the first 3.1 update file on the pen drive as update.zip
4) extracted all the files on the pen drive into the root folder with winzip
5) unplugged power (i did had hdmi out and ir blaster plugged in and did not had hdmi in)
6) placed the pen drive in the usb port nearest to Ethernet port
7) plug power in
8) count one mississippi then push the connect button. just push it once and let go, ( I was getting a click sound) and seems my timing was not correct, so I tapped the button again ( i was getting a click sound). this time my system seems have recognized.
9) sit back and relax as it will show the flash screen (logitech revue) then go black, and should show the update bar)
Thanks for that. My Revue became bricked a few weeks ago and I had tried pretty much everything in this thread to "unbrick" it until I finally gave up and decided to wait for a solution to develop.

Since we're expecting the official Honeycomb update from Logitech/Google, I started looking for some information and decided to check this thread to see if there was any new development in getting our bricked devices up and running. I saw your post and decided to try your method, although it didn't seem that different to what I had already tried.

I purchased a new USB key today for other uses, and decided to place the update file on it (which was already formatted to FAT32) and extract its contents to the root. I plugged it into the same USB port as you indicated and plugged the power. I tried what you suggested with just pressing the connect button quickly after 1 full second but that didn't do anything. Finally, I tried the normal method:

1. Plugged the power
2. Waited 1 full second
3. Pressed the Connect button and kept it pressed
4. The Logitech Revue screen came up. After a couple of seconds, the screen went black.
5. I released the Connect button
6. The Logitech Revue screen came up again. Pressed the Connect button and kept it pressed. After a couple of seconds, the screen went black
7. The update progress bar came up and after a few seconds, the setup wizard came up and I am now able to use my Revue.
Andreslopezg
Android 1.0

Post by Andreslopezg »

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ltkc0OmpPvE

Hi mr turge

His method does not work here the video evidence.

Please specify which version of firmware achievement to make it work?

I have tested this>

1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579.zip

other help please? I would appreciate in advance.