My revue can not reboot

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Benjmyers1
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: My revue can not reboot

Post by Benjmyers1 »

start over. as soon as the flash screen went away, the progress bar came up. the whole process was done within 10 mins or so, you should have to wait that long.
Benjmyers1
Android 1.0

Post by Benjmyers1 »

pushed the button about 1 missippi
power1984
Android 1.0

Post by power1984 »

Thanks Ben!

People for this to work you Need to use the first leak and unzip everything in your USB pen drive.
Dont use second update.
Then just follow the rest of the steps Ben Mentioned in his post.

With kind regards,

Power1984
atom
Android 1.0

Post by atom »

I followed Ben's steps (including copying both 1st leaked update.zip and all extracted files to root of USB drive) many times. Still I can only see Logitech Revue screen after up to 10 min waiting. Anyone can help?
power1984
Android 1.0

Post by power1984 »

i must sadly say that worked once for me. after unplugged and replugged it did not work again to enter the recovery.
Benjmyers1
Android 1.0

Post by Benjmyers1 »

after getting it back working, i tried the newest leak...only to turn the power off and it hang again. I was able to recover back. One suggestion is to reformat the pen drive and put the files back on. It seemed to make a difference the second/third/fourth time i had to recover it.
power1984
Android 1.0

Post by power1984 »

Well the funny thing is i tried it and it worked. But after unplugging my revue it got stuck again on the logitech revue logo. i tried again and it wasnt working/
Does it have something to do with correct timing or something?

i also noticed that if i keep connect button held and usb plugged in usb port next to ethernet and plug the power in my pendrive led's start blinking.

but on the usb drive furthest from ethernet it doesn't.

And when it worked for me the first time it was on the usb port next to ethernet.
Kenslypig
Android 1.0

Post by Kenslypig »

Thank you!! I was finally able to get that thing working again by doing just as you described. BUT...
When I pulled the power cord in an attempt to install the 2nd update I also was unable to get the recovery up. It just stayed at the logo. Funny how I just did it a few minutes ago and was following the same procedure I just had success with. Here's what I discovered! Whenever I wanted to go into recovery I had to leave it unplugged for 20 minutes. Every time! I actually used a timer.
Once it was unplugged for 20 minutes i tried the same exact instructions and BAM success! When I saw the tv with the scroll bar underneath i then did the ALT L and the rest is history. I am now rocking the 2nd update with Netflix working.
lehmeier
Android 1.0

Post by lehmeier »

Has anyone attempted to try and restore back to and earlier version?
like: c9914396d183.mp-signed-ota_update-b42449.zip?
Would it be possible even? Or can you not go backwards just forwards with versions?
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

lehmeier wrote:Has anyone attempted to try and restore back to and earlier version?
like: c9914396d183.mp-signed-ota_update-b42449.zip?
Would it be possible even? Or can you not go backwards just forwards with versions?
You can not go backwards, namely if you look in each updates update script, there is a check against the build.prop timestamp (on the box). Even removing the build.prop on the box, the assert fails and it refuses to install.